Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

thought i blew something last night ( new title)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 03:38 AM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

Default thought i blew something last night ( new title)

well i was going at it with a gt(intake and exhuast) up to 80 . cause i knew at around 80 mph and above 5200 rpm i will run really lean. SO i knew to stop around there. Now when i stopped i hard a rather differnt sound then my woosh. there was no ..(sssshhh)... ok with that said

it idles fine. but if i floor it it goes through the rpm slow and doesnt really pull and the eninge is loouder then the charger and I cant hear it. those are two things i notice. anyone with FI knows what i mean you know how fast i goes through it and 1st and second.
what did i possible do it.. I dont think it denonated. How would it run if i "blew a piston" seems to be the IN thing....
its to late for me to look at it to see if something is visual jacked. If i rev it sounds normal just doesnt run hard like its suppose to .

the tune is fine untill WOT @ 5200 around 80mph then leans out pass that idles fine and revs fine.
ANY techs can help.... scrming, rygen, jimp, anybody else familiar
Old 05-28-2006, 04:05 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: god DAMNNNN

hopefully your cat didnt fall apart and plug up. If it did, you can create too much backpressure and kaboom. Ask don_w, he had a cat melt on his gt, and blew his motor into pieces. any check engine light, sputtering, misfiring?
Old 05-28-2006, 10:58 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Hmmmm......when Scrming lost a pistion he said the engine was extreemly loud!!!! Like a deep clanking noise I believe. So you know when you blew a piston, its loud as hell. I remember when I blew on e on my POS 84 accord when I was 19, same thing.

Maybe your engine is fine, I'm wondering if you damanged the charger. Not sure. When you drive it, does it drive like you did NA? Fazm is right, you might want to talk to Don_w.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Do a compression and leakdown test on the cylinders right away, that will tell you if you have any piston, ring or valve damage (any of which can be damaged by a lean condition). The problem with detonation is sometimes it is silent! I burned a valve in a car once and it did not idle smoothly, plus the check engine light would not go off. Since that is not happening to you, hopefully your motor is OK. But you should still check it out ASAP. If it fails either test, you'll have to pull the heads to see what the damage is.

When you say "and the engine is louder then the charger and I cant hear it", is the motor louder than it was before or is the SC quieter? If the motor is louder; is it clattering, knocking or making any other noises it wasn't before?

Old 05-28-2006, 12:04 PM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

ok morning came and woke up after no sleep last night cause i couldnt get the car outta my mind...
Pop the hood. and start looking for something on the block, heads, any type of fluid ... nothing ..... look at the charger fine... hummmmmm
turn enigne on ....[sm=dontgetit.gif]..... ok turn off.... then i get the idea ill check the piping. welll...
The pipe coming down from the charger itself came loose. after a month in a half it came loose..... . reconnected and started up and took it for a spin.... everythig is fine now... i guess all this blew a piston had me scared..
Old 05-28-2006, 12:06 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

bob take this as a warning ! get that thing tuned you got lucky this time!
Old 05-28-2006, 12:12 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

bob take this as a warning ! get that thing tuned you got lucky this time!
Yea, Afixer is right man. You never want to run lean. Anthony ran his procharger lean for 3 months, then got on it with a hard launch at the track and popped a pistion.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:48 PM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

i am i.. no more "funny buysiness" lol untill i get that daiblo maifa piece... but as far is running lean .. when i get back to post on monday and scan tmy dyno yall can se my pull.. the tuner said it leans out only at wot in the 80 mph range.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:37 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ok... just a quick comment here... Scott confirmed that I was getting plenty of fuel with the Vortech (using 39# Terminator injectors). The Vortech comes with a 4 inch MAF housing...

Glad to hear it was just a loose tube!!! PWHEW!!!
Old 05-28-2006, 02:47 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Man... I was following this post, sweating bullets... hoping it wasn't something major! Glad it was an easy fix!!

Quick Reply: thought i blew something last night ( new title)