Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stupid posts, stupid people

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 11:56 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Stupid posts, stupid people

ORIGINAL: chrisc

most GTers dont have the problem with bashing 6ers...there are just a few that confuse their ***** length with their stickshift (and we all know that some people are running short-shifters )
Anyone who hates on someone else's choice in cars must be trying to compensate for SOMETHING.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:57 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I had to chime in too.

Out in the world, I've gotten nothing but respect from just about any Mustang owner I've talked to... even the Cobras.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:00 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Is it a new mustang owner thing? I mean, many of the older gents that know mustangs like the palm of their hand would never ever down a v6 let alone another mustang. I mean, a mustang is a mustang is a mustang. The whole "I got me a GT and anything with 6 cylinders sucks the yogart slinger" mentality cannot be more than 10 years old can it?

I dunno. I just look at guys like Afixer, Rygen, scrming, and other guys that drive a v6. They know a mustang like it's no ones biz. And yet some snot nosed punk kid thinks that because he has a GT his car is better?? For what? Because it has GT on the side and has a v8? Nevermind the tradition of the Mustang, or belonging to an unspoken brotherhood of mustang lovers. Screw that crap! It's all bout der V8 baby! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 05-30-2006, 12:06 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

is this another v6 vs v8 war??? i think there is a thread currently ongoing right now
here in the MF....

Note to self: if everyone just bought a v8 an a harley davidson.... the world would be so much more peaceful....
Old 05-30-2006, 12:09 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Well, there are mustang owners and there are people to buy V8+'s. Mustang owners love all mustangs, they might own a Cobra, or a Mach, or a six, but they have a true love of the american legend that is the Mustang. They appreciate the stang in all its flavors, even if they never buy a six, or a Mustang II, they will still appreciate it for what it is, a part of our history.

Then there are people who buy a car based on cylinders. They bought a V8 mustang this year, but next year it might be a GTO, or a V8 Camaro, whatever. These guys might roll up to you in a different make/model car next year.

Lastly, its not a fox body vs. s197 car. Its a maturity issue. I love the fox body, I love all stangs, and won't bash any of them. I just feel sorry for stangs that have ****ty ****ing drivers. LOL. That is what it comes down to.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:15 AM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Can't we all just get along.....
Old 05-30-2006, 12:16 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Well, there are mustang owners and there are people to buy V8+'s. Mustang owners love all mustangs, they might own a Cobra, or a Mach, or a six, but they have a true love of the american legend that is the Mustang. They appreciate the stang in all its flavors, even if they never buy a six, or a Mustang II, they will still appreciate it for what it is, a part of our history.

Then there are people who buy a car based on cylinders. They bought a V8 mustang this year, but next year it might be a GTO, or a V8 Camaro, whatever. These guys might roll up to you in a different make/model car next year.

Lastly, its not a fox body vs. s197 car. Its a maturity issue. I love the fox body, I love all stangs, and won't bash any of them. I just feel sorry for stangs that have ****ty ****ing drivers. LOL. That is what it comes down to.
Well put brother... im behind you 100%... [sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 05-30-2006, 12:23 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

+1 well put Rygen
Old 05-30-2006, 12:29 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Yeah very well said Rygen. Thumbs up!

[IMG]local://upfiles/36094/0C7106C6C3F645529B11F73C7EBFFEA9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-30-2006, 12:43 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

+1 The last Stang I owned was a 68 V8 (289) I had it from 78 till about 2000 and I wouldn't have bought anything post 1972 on a bet until the 2005 came out. No disrespect to the Mustangs pre 2005 but they had no appeal to me what so ever.

I did like like that two legged horse though!
ORIGINAL: rmays06

Um I feel sorry for them if you noticed that most of the poster were old!!! 5.0 out of the factory rated at 225 for a V8, with drum brakes and all the tech of a mustang II. I feel bad that we need to catagorize each other instead of just being proud of the new mustang and the improvments made. All the mods and tint and they still drive inferior cars. IMO only!

Quick Reply: Stupid posts, stupid people