Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got my GT Take Off

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 07:48 PM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

Default Got my GT Take Off

I can't say im satisfied. The had to rearrange one of the hangers and currently thats all thats holding it on besides the clamp, because the hangers on the muffler are do not come up where I can bolt the hangers on the car.

This muffler is very quiet. I was expecting much more, I guess it's my own fault I was kind of hoping to get a similar rumble as the GT's. (I know a 6 will never sound like a GT, but you can get close.) I had test driven a GT and it was much louder than this. My fault, it was cheap anyway. When I have the money i'll look into the MRT Turbo.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Got my GT Take Off

is it dual or single gt take off?
Old 05-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==The had to rearrange one of the hangers and currently thats all thats holding it on besides the clamp==

Something is not right, when I put the single GT on mine it was a direct swap. It took all of 10 minutes to do it in the driveway.

==This muffler is very quiet. I was expecting much more, I guess it's my own fault I was kind of hoping to get a similar rumble as the GT's. ==

Give it a chance to break in, at first they don't sound much different than stock. It should mellow out in the next few hundred miles. The duals aren't a lot louder, but it sounds more "stereo"
Old 05-31-2006, 12:07 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

yeah,
the single sounds good but its really quiet.
IF you plan on going dual, give it another chance. TRUST ME its MUCH louder than the single.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:49 AM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

==The had to rearrange one of the hangers and currently thats all thats holding it on besides the clamp==

Something is not right, when I put the single GT on mine it was a direct swap. It took all of 10 minutes to do it in the driveway.

==This muffler is very quiet. I was expecting much more, I guess it's my own fault I was kind of hoping to get a similar rumble as the GT's. ==

Give it a chance to break in, at first they don't sound much different than stock. It should mellow out in the next few hundred miles. The duals aren't a lot louder, but it sounds more "stereo"
They were not direct fit at all. The hanger closest to the tip I was able to turn upsidedown and bolt upside down. One would not be mountable at all.

They are off a Mustang GT, I checked the part number. I have been told the mufflers have about 500 miles on them.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:53 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

can we get a pic?
sound like operator error to me........no offense
i dont see how it can be that far off........

i took off all of my old hangers when i toook off the muffler,then replaced them when i put the gt on. I had a very minor fit issue,it was too close to the bumper, so i blow-torched the metal hanger an the muffler and bent it a little. Perfect fit
Old 05-31-2006, 03:07 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Hey was it single or dual and how much did you pay?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Yeah, something is definitely not right. Are you sure it was an 05/ 06 muffler and not off an older GT? The correct GT muffler is a direct swap, you use the same brackets in the exact same locations.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Older GT mufflers wouldn't be an option since they sit mid-car instead of at the back.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:55 PM
gregbe1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Yeah, something is definitely not right. Are you sure it was an 05/ 06 muffler and not off an older GT? The correct GT muffler is a direct swap, you use the same brackets in the exact same locations.
I agree, something is wrong, 1 . 1/2 hr to install mine, out the door I went a happy guy
heres the install picks http://2005stang.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=420