Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HP Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 04:24 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HP Question

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

dusnt matter if they have 900hp and runs 11.2 stock... its still a Hyundai
exactly, its a hyundai, but what if you lose to one at the track? id sell my car lol.... losin to a stock hyundai... eeek.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:01 AM
El Verdugo
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

yes, torque wins races, horsepower sells cars.
If it is off the dig yes that race is tough for an import to win. From a roll.....see ya.
Horsepower is great on the open highway. Dont get next to a modified foreign car on the open road, that is where they shine.
Off the dig tthey dont make the TQ to get them going.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Just for compareson

Your 06 Mustang V6 $20 grand
210hp 240tq

BMW at $30/40+ grand
The 06 BMW 325 Coupe = 215hp / 185tq 0-60 6.7(M) and 7.2(A)
The 06 BMW 325 Vert = 184hp / 175tq 0-60 7.7(M) 8.9(A)

I'll dig up more later...
Old 05-31-2006, 03:32 PM
El Verdugo
1st Gear Member

If you are comparing just flywheel numbers then yeah there is no comparison for bang for the buck.
Once you are in a 3 series you wont want to come back to a Stang, sorry. That is why the call those vehicles "the ultimate driving experience." It will carve a mustang on the canyon roads like nobody's business (stock for stock). On the other other hand in order to get some decent whp#s from the BMW one has to spend a pretty penny. It is not too hard to debate where the top racing pedigree is at, BMW>Ford.

I know I am going to get flammed at by posting this on this forum, but I got my fire suit. lol
Old 05-31-2006, 03:45 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

Anyone knows how the Mustang V6 Stick does on 0-60 before and after our basic mods? (CAI, tune, axle back). All I see is 0-60 in 6.9sec in Automatic.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:07 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: El Verdugo

If you are comparing just flywheel numbers then yeah there is no comparison for bang for the buck.
Once you are in a 3 series you wont want to come back to a Stang, sorry. That is why the call those vehicles "the ultimate driving experience." It will carve a mustang on the canyon roads like nobody's business (stock for stock). On the other other hand in order to get some decent whp#s from the BMW one has to spend a pretty penny. It is not too hard to debate where the top racing pedigree is at, BMW>Ford.

I know I am going to get flammed at by posting this on this forum, but I got my fire suit. lol
Since the guy was complaining about our sixes power numbers, on that basis and just to show there are many other sixes with less power, comparing the Mustang and BMW's noted is fair.

However, comparing them in any other way is apples and oranges. BMW is known for the build quality, is renowned for it, you can't compare that aspect to a Mustang, BMW is just a much better car, thus it's price. Different markets...people who buy Mustangs sacrifice some amenities for power, BMW is the opposite, save the M series. BMW owners <outside of M3 or M6> care more about the amenities, luxery, and "status" the car provides more then hp, as long as it has enough hp to get out of it's own way most BMW owners are happy.

I'd take a Mustang over the 325 anyday...M3, now that's a different story
Old 05-31-2006, 04:09 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thatstang

Anyone knows how the Mustang V6 Stick does on 0-60 before and after our basic mods? (CAI, tune, axle back). All I see is 0-60 in 6.9sec in Automatic.
After those mods the auto 0-60 is like 6.5 so the 5sp would prolly be around a flat 6.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:35 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

has it been documented someplace? Probably low 6's for me since I got a convertible so its extra 160lb. Still its great since its faster than a lot of other cars I looked at. I wish someone posted #'s. I've seen 1/4 mile run at 14.5 with manual trans so I guess it equals to low 6's 0-60"
Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

14.5????? where

if i had to guess my 0-60 time is probably in the high 5's right now, maybe a 6 flat. I guesss i could get a gtech and find out hahah (joke).
Old 06-01-2006, 12:07 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

He's not just comparing HP and torque, he's comparing what you pay to get it. When comparing the Mustang you should be comparing to something in it's price class. I'd rather have two Stangs for the price than one 325 BMW. Buy the Stang and use the 15 grand on upgrades to the motor and suspension and you'll kick any 325's *** on any road, mountain or straight!
ORIGINAL: El Verdugo

Quick Reply: HP Question