Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HP Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:42 AM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HP Question

ORIGINAL: fazm

14.5????? where

if i had to guess my 0-60 time is probably in the high 5's right now, maybe a 6 flat. I guesss i could get a gtech and find out hahah (joke).
Yes, it was you 14.5 sec. So I have CAI, Xcal2 running 91 tune, Maganflow, 5speed manual, Royal purple oil and trans fluid.
Mine is a convertible (+160lb) so I guess I can run 14.5 at sea level? Does it equal to 6sec 0-60? If it does, then I am very very happy since I can take on my friends stock S2000 possibly.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:48 AM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

forgot to mention that right side (driver) of my front grill now has a bunch of drilled halls and also a lower grill has a heater duct hose in order to run called air directly into my CAI filter. I also completely covered all the openings around Filter plastic cover with special HEater Pipes insulation and wraped it around my air intake pipe to keep the heat away from my intake so that should account for a little extra gain, correct?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:52 AM
GT94FiveOh

True, buy a 6 banger and spend the other 20 grand up a supercharger/suspension mods, heck even a GT and spend 10 grand on suspension and drivetrain and you'd have a 40 thousand dollar supercar that would chase down the 55 thousand dollar M3! And the whole "once you go BMW you wont go back to a stang?" BS! I gladly passed up a 2000 325i for my 94 GT! Some guys pay for status, some guys pay less to humiliate those guys at red lights!
Old 06-01-2006, 06:47 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

thatstang, auto or stick? Remember, i have not just horsespower addons, but suspension parts too to get me to that 14.5
Old 06-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I actually had a personal reason for picking the BMW.

I HAD an 03 BMW 325Ci Convertible.. and it absolutley pissed me off at how underpowered the car was! Other then that.. I just loved how it handeled and the workmanship.

But... people were complaining that the V6 Stang was maybe a bit under.. so I showed them a very expensive car that had less power.. and considerably less torque!

Also... to the poster above.. I too would have stayed with the BMW if I had an M3.. but at $57,295 base price before adding anything it was WAY out of my pocket change!

By the way... the M configured simular to my stang would be $59,875... My GT was $35k and I have added about $5k so far. and my GT gets WAY more Thumbs then my 325 ever did!

The V6 Stang is well configured for the market it attaches!... It has plenty of power and plenty of zip. AND there is NO disputing its unique look that makes it identifiable from a half a mile away!
Old 06-01-2006, 02:24 PM
MyFirstPony
1st Gear Member

I get Thumbs up, people rolling down windows and screaming "GREAT CAR" and people walking up to me in parking lots telling me what an incredible ride I have, as I am is the case with most of us here.

When do you think the last time someone rolled down a window and said "GREAT HUNDAI!!" ?
Old 06-04-2006, 06:55 PM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

eventhough we dont have the hp. we pack tremendous torque, hp is overrated. the only thing that holds us back is our body fat, we weigh like 3300 pounds with out the driver. in the quarter mile i ran a 15.88 flat stock. i thought i was going to run a 15 flat. because of my weight i didnt go that fast. if you race a ricer then you might beat it top end if not go get more hp, supercharger, performance chip (recommended after you get a turbo or a supercharger), intake, headers, exhaust, etc. if you do some of these things we will waste almost everything.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:13 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MyFirstPony

I get Thumbs up, people rolling down windows and screaming "GREAT CAR" and people walking up to me in parking lots telling me what an incredible ride I have, as I am is the case with most of us here.

When do you think the last time someone rolled down a window and said "GREAT HUNDAI!!" ?
my guess would be that guy that has the twin engined (each with a turbo) drivin all 4 wheels running the quarter mile in the 10s lol.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:29 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricekiller06

eventhough we dont have the hp. we pack tremendous torque, hp is overrated. the only thing that holds us back is our body fat, we weigh like 3300 pounds with out the driver. in the quarter mile i ran a 15.88 flat stock. i thought i was going to run a 15 flat. because of my weight i didnt go that fast. if you race a ricer then you might beat it top end if not go get more hp, supercharger, performance chip (recommended after you get a turbo or a supercharger), intake, headers, exhaust, etc. if you do some of these things we will waste almost everything.
Are you at a high elevation or something? Because no offense, but that is a really bad time...even c&d got a 15.3 on a stock auto, and they're known for not pushing cars to their best times.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:51 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Have you raced your car at the track jericho?

Ive yet to see a stock auto run faster than 15.6. most are in the high 15s to low 16s stock. 15.88 is actually a pretty good time if its an auto. I have a manual and the best i could do was 15.26 (1200+ft)

Quick Reply: HP Question