Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-charger delayed

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 02:21 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default X-charger delayed

Got this email from Explorer Express this evening...

[Hi Hamid,

Due a delivery glitch the Ca spec Mustang X-CHARGER will be delayed until at least June 10th.

We are still working on ideas for the hi-po kit. Within the next week I be shipping some upgraded parts to Doug for testing. We're not far enough along to quote prices for the upgrade, but we are trying to do it in the most cost effective way.

Thanks for your interest.

I'm pretty excited too.

Dave]
Old 05-31-2006, 02:25 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: X-charger delayed

june 10th? wow. Thats not that far away. That means there will probably be more eaton blown mustangs before i hit the streets lol.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:30 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yea just talked to dave the intakes are delayed til the ninth but a few dozen mp90s are on the way up to him. mine is still running fine and beaustang and i are probubly going to irwindale on thursday. damn the waiting sucks. i want to see more guys with this so we can play.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:14 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the update! Still my number one choice. I'm working out the details to come up with the funds as soon as I can swing it. Yard sales, bake sales, scrounging for pop bottles, they all start to look viable when you guys dangle these posts in front of me.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:57 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

It seems like Dave probably spent the day e-mailing people to update the status, I too received an e-mail about the status, my anticipation is growing along with everyone elses around here but my patience has not waivered one bit, I believe the wait and final results all the way around will be quite pleasing for all, Tom is a true testament to what this will do for our cars and beaustang can probably acknowledge that if there was any doubt. If anyone is interested and would like a fix for some more info, check out a Pontiac site, the MP90 was the s/c of choice for the 3.8 in the GranPrix, have read about some good numbers and capabilities about the eaton and I personally dont expect anything less for the install on the mustang, all in due time

just my $ .02
Old 05-31-2006, 11:54 AM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

So what was the final price on the Cali version and where are these listed on the net for sale yet?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:59 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: GIDDEUP

So what was the final price on the Cali version and where are these listed on the net for sale yet?
Here's 05BlackPony's post from the other thread:

[Just got my e-mail from Dave at EE today!

"The inlet castings are due in June 1st. The production EGR tubes were manufactured incorrectly and there is a little delay because of them.

The CA spec kit will be $3695. However, we are doing an introductory deal at $3395."

Looking forward to the release!!!]

They aren't available for sale yet... as the email at the top of this thread said, they've been delayed until June 10th.

When they are for sale, you'll find 'em here:

http://www.explorerexpress.com/

and, I'm pretty sure Doug at Bamachips will sell them to, since he's fine tuning the SCT tunes.

http://www.bamachips.com/
Old 05-31-2006, 06:24 PM
QuickSilver4.0L
1st Gear Member

Will there be any decrease in price if you already have the tuner or is this already taken into consideration? Could we get the tune directly from Doug if we already purchased the tuner from him? And last question ... can we use our existing C&L intake?

I am most intereted in this product because I personally believe, with the 4.0, this is the most proven(Explorer and Ranger) and safest(lower boost) SC available and will suit my needs(NO track time) much better than the other alternatives.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:31 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: QuickSilver4.0L

Will there be any decrease in price if you already have the tuner or is this already taken into consideration? Could we get the tune directly from Doug if we already purchased the tuner from him? And last question ... can we use our existing C&L intake?

I am most intereted in this product because I personally believe, with the 4.0, this is the most proven(Explorer and Ranger) and safest(lower boost) SC available and will suit my needs(NO track time) much better than the other alternatives.
I do believe you'll be able to get the tune from Doug, though there should be a price for the tune, since this is an all new tune and not an adjustment to your current tune.

I don't think the C&L will work... I'm bummed about this too.. but, I can live with it! LOL!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:33 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

they should just produce the cali kit, and make the hi-po kit like a stage kit kinda thing...you know like un upgrade to what it already is. That way people can get the cali kit and then upgrade to hi-po later if they want to instead of spending it all at once. Kinda like what those cobalt ss/sc kits do. just an idea, and i would totally get the cali and upgrade later if they did that.

Quick Reply: X-charger delayed