Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

For those of you who have/had nitrous......or just feel like putting in your 2 cents

Old 06-01-2006, 12:29 AM
waiting4thefunds
I ♥ Acer

Default For those of you who have/had nitrous......or just feel like putting in your 2 cents

Within the next month or to I will finally be coming into some good money (good for a 19 yo on summer break) and am strongly considering getting the zex system installed. as far as bang for your buck i know it doesnt really get much better than this. i see myself having between 1500 - 2000 dollars and i know nitrous is on the top of my list. my car as of know is bone stock, granted ive had the mod bug since i got my learners permit 5 years ago, but i finaly have the funds. i guess what i really want to know is how your experience with nitrous has been, good/bad, whatever. plus, other mods that will still keep me in the $2000 range, while making me grin from ear to ear everytime i get behind the wheel. (not that i already dont, but.....u know)

im INSANELY excited about popping my mod cherry and any information you guys have to offer would be great......
[sm=happy046.gif]
Old 06-01-2006, 12:31 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: For those of you who have/had the laughing gas......or just feel like putting in your 2 cents

And so it begins du du duuuuu...sorry no juice here so Ican't comment. But cery cool for you. Let us know how it goes.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:40 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: For those of you who have/had the laughing gas......or just feel like putting in your 2 cents

if you are lookin for power only at the track, its a great setup. Only 1 popped motor that i know of, but thats because john was smelling 12s, and went all or nothing. I was considering it for a while, but to do it right, will cost just under a grand (racers kit, dyno, etc).
Old 06-01-2006, 01:26 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

I think if you can survive waiting I would save up some more and get a supercharger! But if you cant wait, then get the nitrous a C&L intake and tuner and if you still got money get the gears and t-lok.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:40 AM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

The nitrous is definetly the best bang for the buck. Like fazm said, it will cost you about $1000 for the nitrous, racers kit, and a dyno tune, but the difference is amazing. Right now I am using the 75hp jets and soon I will be jumping up to the 100hp jets. The car pulls really hard with just the 75 shot, I cant wait to see what times I can get with the 100 shot.

C&L Intake - $290.00
Nitrous - $550.00
Racers kit - $305.00
Dyno Tune - $150.00??

Total - $1,300.00

I would definetly reccomend getting a LSD, it will run you about $300.00. That will get you two wheels spinning instead of one. And get the SCT-Xcal 2, that will run you about another $400.00, so you are looking at right about $2,000 all said and done. Good Luck.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:16 AM
waiting4thefunds
I ♥ Acer

it seems like almost everyone is starting with the 75 shot and THEN going to the 100 shot.....is this just so u can get used to it or do u initially think a 75 shot will be enough and just find urseld wanting more? why not just start out with the 100 shot?
Old 06-01-2006, 10:54 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: waiting4thefunds

it seems like almost everyone is starting with the 75 shot and THEN going to the 100 shot.....is this just so u can get used to it or do u initially think a 75 shot will be enough and just find urseld wanting more? why not just start out with the 100 shot?
You can run the 75 shot on the stock tune. If you go to a 100 shot you have to have a proper dyno tune done. That is why a lot of people start with the 75 shot.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

how long does one tank of nitro last, how many shots do you get out of it....and how long does one shot power your car for...is it like a 10 second boost, or is it all the time?

Edit: Also, how much $$ to refill your nitro tank...and is it illegal for street use?
Old 06-01-2006, 11:26 AM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

It lasts a while. You could probably get about 15 quarter mile passes, and double that for the 1/8th mile passes. It will be giving you power as long as you have the pedal to the floor. Its an open window switch, so activates when you floor it, and deactivates when you let off the gas.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

awww there is no cool james bond switch that activates it? lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For those of you who have/had nitrous......or just feel like putting in your 2 cents