Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New2this stuff

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:05 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New2this stuff

ORIGINAL: blazen351

You just love to bring up my pic dont ya LMAO!

The MRT I have is GREAT! I freaking love it, But from what you said earlier I don't think it's the sound your looking for. If I understood correctly your looking for close to stock sound. The MRT is ANYTHING but stock sounding.

ORIGINAL: teacherman

You would look tight if you bought one(MRT) and then dressed up like a devil..that would be killer kooolz.

Just given ya the props ya deserve LOL!! Ok I shall stop
Old 06-03-2006, 01:13 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: new2dis

Remember I am looking for the stealth fast sound. I like the single exhaust sound and from what I seem to have read the single stock is ok and there is a single exhaust that shows some gains but how does it sound ??
All exhaust show about the same gains for the most part, both single and double, with the exception of the MRT aero-turbine axleback...the downside of the MRT is that it is louder and more ricey-ish in tone then the others, IMO. But it does have the largest dyno proven gains, and those who have it love it.

Check the exhaust sound clip thread that is sticked and see wha you like, as i said all excepting the MRT are pretty much interchangable. My personal opinion, the Ford Racing/ Borla sounds the best. Also, duals do look great, but i couldn't see spending 400- more for them over an axleback when the gains were the same, i rather and did put that 400- into an intake+tune.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:22 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Nah you can keep it up teach, it makes me laugh. I love it when people refer to it. LOL

Don't know that I'd agree that the MRT sounds "ricey", but I admit it's sound is not for the timid.

Dual Vs single as far as appearance goes (which is what the poster was after) Alot of people perfer the look of duals. I personally like keep it as a single. I like people to know I have a six. It's up to you really whatever way you want to go, but if you do decide to get the dual look, it's best to make sure it's functional. Making the second one just for looks would be kinda lame IMO (not trying to be rude)