Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New2this stuff

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 10:45 PM
new2dis

Default New2this stuff

ok, I have been reading this forum for some time now. I have learned a bunch and have made up my mind on the direction I want to go on my Mustang (05 auto) intake, tune, hood scoop, side scoops in that order. I have to admit that it is a little intimidating reading about Boost, NOS, Turbos and Superchargers because I dont intend to go that far with my ride, I was tempted not to post just read and learn. Also the question I have I was afraid I would be flamed from the beginning before I even got started... here goes

I like the sound of the stock exhaust. The last car I had had Flowmaster 40's on it and I got a little burned out on them. I love the look of the Mustang w/duals though. ( The old foxbody 5.0's) How wrong would it be to hook up a false dual w/ a cut bumper to get the look but leave the sound and not be out very much $$ Im not trying to be a poser nor do I wish I had bought a v8 I just love the dual look. Remember I am new here so be gentle

Old 06-02-2006, 10:50 PM
knucklehead11
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New2this stuff

Well, the fake duals would look pretty damn hilarious in the winter when one is sitting there with pretty white exhaust smoke and the other is sitting there dead, lol.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:55 PM
new2dis

I had actually thought of that anything else
Old 06-02-2006, 11:07 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Really you might as well go with working duals. If you're going to got through the trouble of cutting the bumper or getting a gt take off. I'm sure you could get the sound you want. It just makes more since. A couple of GT take off mufflers shouldn't be as loud as your old flows.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

DONT GET THE FAKE DUALS! [sm=noooo.gif] Just save up the money and get a Dual exhaust kit, heres the link to some dual exhaust kits, the best one is the JBA Dual exhaust kit with H-pipe for the 2005 Mustang V6. Good Luck on your decision!

Heres the link http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05V6Exhaust.htm
Old 06-02-2006, 11:23 PM
new2dis

Remember I am looking for the stealth fast sound. I like the single exhaust sound and from what I seem to have read the single stock is ok and there is a single exhaust that shows some gains but how does it sound ??
Old 06-03-2006, 12:27 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Hey new2dis und welcome to der forums....The single MRT sounds kickass. I heard it on a clip, on scrming's website, and the other day first hand. It sounds sick as hell and I believe you do get performence gains with the aeroturbine setup. I was VERY close on going this route but I really love the look of the duals and so I went with Magnaflows. I love them I will swear by them, but that is really just MHO.

As far as the single stock looking ok, I would say that is opinion. I thought mine looked like a friggin junk yard scrap heap muffler and could not wait to get it off my car. Really, after all the research is said and done and over with, it is you that must decide. THe duals look good and sound good, the MRT single, well, I think it sounds like nothing I have heard before. Hard to explain, VERY cool sound, very "Don't F&^% with me" sound, I just went for the look/sound. You would look tight if you bought one(MRT) and then dressed up like a devil..that would be killer kooolz.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:40 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

You just love to bring up my pic dont ya LMAO!

The MRT I have is GREAT! I freaking love it, But from what you said earlier I don't think it's the sound your looking for. If I understood correctly your looking for close to stock sound. The MRT is ANYTHING but stock sounding.

ORIGINAL: teacherman

You would look tight if you bought one(MRT) and then dressed up like a devil..that would be killer kooolz.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:53 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

The stock muffler is highly restrictive, and is essential limiting the massflow through the system. You are burning up HP and torque to push the gas out this restrictive muffler. I got the Ford Racing Axle back muffler (made by Borla) and it sounds much throatier and beefier than the stock. I also thouht the stock sounded pretty good, but the the Ford Racing Muffler sounds better and I notice a definate difference in performance, especially when I stomp it from a dead stop.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:03 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Get the single MRT, once you hear it, you won't care you have a single.

Quick Reply: New2this stuff