Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Computer Parts or Stang Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:36 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Default New Computer Parts or Stang Parts?

I am stumped, limited to my Public Servant wages, and really wanting both!
My stang is a completely stock, one year old this week, it serves me well, but I want more oomph.
My computer is 2 years old, limited to sucky AGP graphics and I can't play the new games @ the highest graphic settings.

XCAL2 AFE CAI and a MRT Axle Back Muffler
OR
AMD Opteron 170 Dual Core Processor(This bad boy will overclock more than 50%), DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra motherboard, eVGA 7900gt video card.
OR
Sell my Yamaha FJ1200 crotch rocket and get both of the above. (This is a 1990 that I completely restored and hopped up.)
OR
Sell my Yamaha FJ1200 crotch rocket and my Harley-Davidson Electra Glide put a second mortgage on the house and get a Shelby CS6. (Just kiddin!! I love my Harley-Davidson!!)

Sucks to be me, does it not?

Old 06-03-2006, 10:39 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New Computer Parts or Stang Parts?

Even though I'm in IT... the last thing I like spending money on is my home computer! LOL!
Old 06-03-2006, 10:40 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

I don't like spending money unless it is someone elses!
Old 06-03-2006, 10:48 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I'm in IT, so I appreciate wanting a new MB/CPU/PCIx cobo. But my car comes first. LOL. You can save up for the AMD system later, the new dual core AMD 64bit cpus rock, I have two SQL servers running those in a quad configuration at work, they eat our most intense applications for breakfast. Though I'm not sure how much benefit it will give you in gaming, I don't thing the market has matured for games to take advantage of dual core/dual cpu's yet. I could be wrong. Besides, now is the time to enjoy your car. You can build the computer system up in the fall/winter when you will be in the house more often. LOL.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:54 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I'm in IT, so I appreciate wanting a new MB/CPU/PCIx cobo. But my car comes first. LOL. You can save up for the AMD system later, the new dual core AMD 64bit cpus rock, I have two SQL servers running those in a quad configuration at work, they eat our most intense applications for breakfast. Though I'm not sure how much benefit it will give you in gaming, I don't thing the market has matured for games to take advantage of dual core/dual cpu's yet. I could be wrong. Besides, now is the time to enjoy your car. You can build the computer system up in the fall/winter when you will be in the house more often. LOL.
Good point. I have been in IT for 12 years as well, I work for the State, great bennies, lots of time off, but low pay. We just bought 20 new servers with 4 opteron dual cores in them and 32 gigs of ram for our virtualization project, I now can run 8 virtual servers on one! We have done 20 so far, 100 more to go!
As far as my computer, I am frustrated with it, I hope I can wait until fall to upgrade it!!
Old 06-03-2006, 01:28 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Dude 1 year with no mods!!! HOW COULD YOU!!!! LOL
Old 06-03-2006, 01:34 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Get an Intake, some exhaust ( dual with H or X if you personally ask me), and a SCTxcal2 tuner/dyno tune quick!!

LOL The basics
Old 06-03-2006, 02:32 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

+1....Ditto....I always get my parts either off other PC's or through connections.....feed the steed!
ORIGINAL: scrming

Even though I'm in IT... the last thing I like spending money on is my home computer! LOL!
Old 06-03-2006, 03:29 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

I am suprised I have not done anything to the stang after having it year, I guess the 2006 Harley I bought last fall has been getting way more attention, I was quick to start piling the money into mods for that; pipes, new intake, new fuel management system and chrome eats some money up quick.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:30 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

IT here too, I hate bloody computers though. LOL Spend your money on the mustang, you won't regret it for a minute

Quick Reply: New Computer Parts or Stang Parts?