Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

just got my first door ding!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:12 AM
TheWatcher
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: just got my first door ding!

i got a shopping kart to my passenger side door, left a little dent, what kind of jerk pushes a shopping kart into a car then leaves. wish i saw who done it!
Old 06-04-2006, 05:25 AM
Torojon

Damn garage door hit my rear bumper and left a little ding. Can't notice it because of the mineral grey paint, but annoying because I know it is there. [:@]
Old 06-04-2006, 05:47 AM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

That's what is a pain about having a new car or a car with a new paint job. I'm expecting to see some things show up on my car, but hopefully not. Some people have a lot of luck in not getting any but most cars get a few dings and scratches.

My car got a big dent in the rear fender after I got it back from the body shop. That made me pretty upset, so I got a cop down to check out the scene. He said it was too late but I actually found the car that hit it, had some of my clearcoat on its bumper so I took a dozen pictures of the car and sent it to my insurance. I don't know if they did anything or not, but if they really were concerned about it simple forensics would trace the chemicals down to the paint on the other bumper I would imagine. So after I got that fixed, a few months later I went to SF and a couple other places and noticed a new dent on the same fender the next day while washing the car. I found a guy called dentmender on the internet and he fixed it for $60 (it'd cost at least $300 but probably $600 at a local body shop to fix that). And now it's still the same, I can't even figure out where the dent was the job was done so good. You might want to look into that if it is that kind of dent. If it's a scratch then that could require some work. If it's a metallic paint then that can be pretty difficult to touch up.

Oh yeah the garage door... since my car has a chrome bumper, I always have to check the door as it comes down to make sure it doesn't hit. I think it hit the body once, but it didn't leave any mark. I'll probably have to do the same with the mustang because it is longer too.

That reminds me of something slightly off topic, I went to the dealer a few weeks ago and they had one Windveil blue V6 and I noticed the bumper had a crease in it. So I showed one of the salesmen and he reported that in. Apparantly nobody knew til I pointed it out. Maybe someone took it on a test drive and got bumped. I wonder how hard you need to get hit to put a crease like that in the bumper, hopefully very hard because I'm hoping the bumpers hold up to impact, they don't on my current car. I think the car I have is only good for maybe 2mph impact at most and that's probably pushing it.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:48 AM
TempleOfDog

I work in the same shopping center as a grocery store. All day I watch old ladies swing there doors open with no concern for the person next to them. NEVER park near the front of a grocery store. Last time I took my father to the grocery, he asked if we could take a cab to the store from the parking spot.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

[sm=smiley11.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]
Old 06-04-2006, 11:22 AM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

amyster2u got it right. I park WAY in the back to avoid others. I go to UCSD for one night in their cramped parking lot to find some idiot in a white beamer dinged me. Right behind the passenger door on the quarter panel. Quoted $75-$125 to fix it as it's in a difficult place.
someone did the same thing to me but on the driver's side...it is dinged and has a big crease in the door. i know park at the very back of the lot every where i go now. people are just plain inconsiderate.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:23 AM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LisaJ429

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

amyster2u got it right. I park WAY in the back to avoid others. I go to UCSD for one night in their cramped parking lot to find some idiot in a white beamer dinged me. Right behind the passenger door on the quarter panel. Quoted $75-$125 to fix it as it's in a difficult place.
someone did the same thing to me but on the driver's side...it is dinged and has a big crease in the back quarter panel. i now park at the very back of the lot every where i go. people are just plain inconsiderate.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:05 PM
GM Supercar
1st Gear Member

That totally sucks man, I'm sorry to hear about that.

On a side note, let's all be realistic though - if you went shopping and left a cart in the lot, and as you were driving away you saw roll away and hit a car, would you stop and leave a note on the car that it hit? Probably not.

If you accidentally opened your door into another car and made a small ding, but you saw nobody witnessed it, would you leave a note on that car? Probably not.

I always park far away, and I am extremely careful never to ding other cars (hasen't happened yet), but human nature is just that - human nature.

Greg
Old 06-04-2006, 07:29 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GM Supercar

That totally sucks man, I'm sorry to hear about that.

On a side note, let's all be realistic though - if you went shopping and left a cart in the lot, and as you were driving away you saw roll away and hit a car, would you stop and leave a note on the car that it hit? Probably not.

If you accidentally opened your door into another car and made a small ding, but you saw nobody witnessed it, would you leave a note on that car? Probably not.

I always park far away, and I am extremely careful never to ding other cars (hasen't happened yet), but human nature is just that - human nature.

Greg
i had a woman do this to me several years ago. she parked so close next to me that i couldn't get my driver's side door open. i had to get in on the passenger side. after i got in, i took my car door and ram her door a couple of time (i know it was wrong but i had a skirt on and it pissed me off that i had to climb across bucket seats). after i pulled out of the space, i left her a not on her windshield - "next time leave me a f-ing can opener to get into my car. i put my name and office# on it because i wanted her to call me. let's just say that she never did call and she started to park elsewhere. also, the parking spots where we were parking were big spot and there was no need for her to be up against me like she was.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:22 PM
yur1279
2nd Gear Member

I guess I should be glad I gave myself my first door ding...

Quick Reply: just got my first door ding!