Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

LSD!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 09:57 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default LSD!

Nah im not seein things.... Ok so i know my cars got an open diff and i don't like it. I see the LSD on v6mustangstuff for 200 bux for the part...for any of you guys out there that installed one in your stang, what was the total price of installation and other parts needed. I need a base line so i can find a good deal because i don't have the tools for this job. This will probably be the next mod right after i get my MRT exhaust. Thanks..and if theres anything else i should know about this topic lemmy know.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:04 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: LSD!

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Nah im not seein things.... Ok so i know my cars got an open diff and i don't like it. I see the LSD on v6mustangstuff for 200 bux for the part...for any of you guys out there that installed one in your stang, what was the total price of installation and other parts needed. I need a base line so i can find a good deal because i don't have the tools for this job. This will probably be the next mod right after i get my MRT exhaust. Thanks..and if theres anything else i should know about this topic lemmy know.
Labor should be around $300. Labor on this is the same as if you do LSD and gears at the same time, which is why a lot of people do gears when they do LSD. Have you considered gears? One of my favorite upgrades ever, so much fun to drive.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:04 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

****... I thought this thread was goin to be about lysergicaciddiethlamide....
Old 06-04-2006, 10:57 PM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Labor should be around $300. Labor on this is the same as if you do LSD and gears at the same time, which is why a lot of people do gears when they do LSD. Have you considered gears? One of my favorite upgrades ever, so much fun to drive.
Very True! Gears would be a great improvement to your ride. IMO it would be best to add gears while the rear end is open, (that is if you're interested)

RPMoutlet has a great deal on a total rear end install!
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6.htm
Old 06-04-2006, 11:05 PM
HxCory
2nd Gear Member

Seconded.
Do gears+LSD at the same time, it'll make your car soooo much more fun to drive.
This is what I plan on doing first.

If you have a stick, I rec 3.73's, if you're an auto, 4.10's.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:00 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

yeah i got a stick...i mean the car is pretty responsive as it is with the intake i have. Im just looking to stop the really bad wheel spin i have when it rains or when i hit the gas commin out of a turn in 2nd gear. Do gears really make it that much better cause it will be another 200 on my bill and im not so stacked on money. I was going to save up for 18 inch rims with some good rubber but i feel the LSD will be better first.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:07 AM
HxCory
2nd Gear Member

YES! Gears are the best mod for the money IMO.
Do 3.73's w/ the T-lok, you will not be disapointed.
I think out of about 20-40 reviews for new gears, I've only heard one person complain.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:15 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

hmmm ill have to think about it a little more...maybe ill just make one project out of it and save up a good 700 bux..i might know someone at a shop that can hook me up with a good price..ill have to see..thanks

ORIGINAL: HxCory

YES! Gears are the best mod for the money IMO.
Do 3.73's w/ the T-lok, you will not be disapointed.
I think out of about 20-40 reviews for new gears, I've only heard one person complain.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:49 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

3.73=higher than stock rpm at cruzing speed.

4.10= higher than 3.73 (like driving with over drive off all the time)

auto i reccomend 3.73 because you wont get such high rpm at cruzing speed

3.73 definately for fuel economy on the interstate as well.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:31 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

dumb question, but what do the different gears actually do? I thought that they would be good for the car if you had a high power adder on it. I just have the exhaust and the C&L intake...

Quick Reply: LSD!