Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First post, new stang.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:25 PM
black_knight

Default First post, new stang.

Update!*********************

Well, Finally got to pick it up today and had to drive it immediately to work!
After a frustrating day of looking out the window, me and the wife finally went for a drive after work and it was Awsome.

Quick pic for now. I know it's stock, but it's mine.

Hello everyone, thought I would take a sec and introduce myself.

After 13 years of driving my original and only auto purchase, a Nissan pickup, I finally decided to get a "fun" car. After months of scouring and research, I decided on an 06 V6. These forums have been a wealth of knowledge for the last few weeks and have helped me make my decision, thanks to all of you mustang owners for passing on all your knowledge, experience and upgrades. I felt like finally posting, since I am picking up my stang on Sat and I definately plan on modding in the future and hang'n out here with you guys.

Of course, I will get pics, list specs and all that good stuff, once I pick it up.

Cheers!

[IMG]local://upfiles/38582/B62E7F6FA95E4905870703062491A31C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-07-2006, 05:35 PM
knucklehead11
1st Gear Member

Default RE: First post, new stang.

Nice! I just ordered my car today and I already can't wait until around November when it might arrive.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:37 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums...
Old 06-07-2006, 05:42 PM
black_knight

ORIGINAL: knucklehead11

Nice! I just ordered my car today and I already can't wait until around November when it might arrive.

Congrats!! I had the option of ordering a 2007, but I just decided I couldn't wait...I reeeeaallly wanted this car within the last 2 weeks, so I had the dealer look for the specs I wanted. They had to trade with another dealer, but I got out with a black V6, with leather, interior upgrade, anti theft, pony package, etc. for under 22K, so I'm happy. (don't really want the spoiler/grill, but can't really pick and choose with 06's at this point)
Old 06-07-2006, 06:29 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your steed!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:49 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I have to ask, since you have been lurking around a bit doing research, any mod plans??????
Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Welcome to the board! And, congrats on the ride! It really is a fun car!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: knucklehead11

knucklehead11,

I think you might get your car even sooner than that. A few people here, including myself, mentioned that we got our cars sooner than quoted. In Canada, I was told 4 months, but got it in two.

Ken
Old 06-07-2006, 06:58 PM
black_knight

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I have to ask, since you have been lurking around a bit doing research, any mod plans??????
Plans? yes. Money? that's another story, lol. Yeah, I plan on going with some mods. I'm not into racing, but I want a "fun ride" if you know what I mean. On the outside, I've got the picture in my head of something sleek and subtle that hints at muscle, no rice. Right now, I'm going for 255/45/18's on the tires, with some american racing black rogue's. (at least that look.) Wanna get rid of the stock spoiler (can't stand that thing personally) and get a nice ducktail..some rear window/quarter panel scoops and a sleeker front grill setup. (don't like the pony package grill, but it was part of the deal)

Other than that, I definately want a CAI with tune and an after market exhaust. I've come to agree with the "v6 lovers" that you don't have to have duals to sound/look good. Look'n at the ford racing for now, since I've heard good stuff about them and seems that you can still have a "comfortable" sound on the inside. Prob get and Eibach Pro kit along with everything else.

That's the "Plan"...noth'n crazy, just want someth'n unique for where I live in Nor Cal.

Then again, once I start gett'n the mods, I'm sure there will be more that I will want.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:00 PM
puppet
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: black_knight

Congrats!! I had the option of ordering a 2007, but I just decided I couldn't wait...I reeeeaallly wanted this car within the last 2 weeks, so I had the dealer look for the specs I wanted. They had to trade with another dealer, but I got out with a black V6, with leather, interior upgrade, anti theft, pony package, etc. for under 22K, so I'm happy. (don't really want the spoiler/grill, but can't really pick and choose with 06's at this point)
I swear this exact car was at my office yesterday. The spoiler makes it more awesome. It'll grow on you.

Quick Reply: First post, new stang.