Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Magnaflow true duals

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:04 AM
tGrey5spd

Default Magnaflow true duals

I havn't even made my first payment yet and I scheduled magnaflow true duals for this Saturday. I have read on this forum that true duals drone at the higher rpms. I have also read here that they don't. I'm thinkin about getting an H put in, sort of a CYA move. Thoughts? The upside is that there would definately be no drone. What would be the down side of this move? I'm new to the forums, to Mustangs and modding, well except I had the only '87 Corrola with a computer, GPS, and Sat radio. The 'stang has AV NIC with GPS, ample amp, and Boston Accoustics all the way around.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:13 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Magnaflow true duals

I have magnaflow true duals and it does drone at High RPM. It annoys the heck out of my wife but it keeps her out of the mustang to drive her boring Ferarri Enzo(Just kidding YEAH RIGHT). But it does keep her out of MY mustang.

Now, the drone does not annoy ME per say but I usually play my music pretty loud and hardly notice it. But if you are worried about it you can always have them put in resonators. They took out all of mine, so the man told me. As far as getting an H pipe, most of the guys have it installed I believe. I think it gives you a better, deeper sound too? Corrct me if I am wrong though someone.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:38 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

once you get them, be patient for a while until they break in, my changed and there is noise, i dont mind it at all, it sounds good to me, add an H or X pipe, I believe you will be happy with either, its a try after you buy process. LOL
Old 06-08-2006, 02:43 AM
tGrey5spd

So 2 replies that state drone...I'm getting scared, leaning towards a cross connect.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:59 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

I dont really consider my noise "drone" the exhaust just kind of sings to you LOL, H or X wont stop drone IMO. my mufflers had a "vibrating drone" at 1400 rpms when I first installed, after the break-in it went away, I do have a Ram 1500 with the flowmaster 40 series that is loud as hell, may be why I dont think the car sounds too loud LOL, get the install and after brek-in if there is a problem you cant live with go back and make adjustments, have you listened to the exhaust clips in the sticky?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:04 AM
tGrey5spd

I actually did listen but as part of my job I edit sound clips and I know that there are many uncontrolable variables when not using professional gear so the clips don't carry a lot of weight with me. I do however respect your do it, break in, and judge philosophy. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:07 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

You will love the sound And as bscottie said, you can always do something about the drone if it bothers you. I will tell you this though. It has been about a month since I got duals, and even now, every single time I start her up I get a grin from ear to ear. It's just awesome. MAN I LOVE MY CAR! sorry. LOL
Old 06-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teacherman

You will love the sound And as bscottie said, you can always do something about the drone if it bothers you. I will tell you this though. It has been about a month since I got duals, and even now, every single time I start her up I get a grin from ear to ear. It's just awesome. MAN I LOVE MY CAR! sorry. LOL
Did you have to cut your bumper or buy a GT bumper to fit your Magnaflow True Duals?

PS: Sorry if this sort of question has been asked a kazillion times...I know you are all talking about this topic...I'm new to modding, so go easy on me.

Ken
Old 06-08-2006, 02:37 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I used to have the magnaflow kit, the kit comes with magnapacks, which are straight through design that drone. If you get magnaflow mufflers instead, I heard that they don't drone. Mine droned so bad that I couldn't stand it and switched out to flows. I have clips of both with various configurations on my web site listed below my sig.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:10 PM
localgod11
2nd Gear Member

I have flowmasters with an H-pipe and they Drooooooooooone. Have them install resonators with a 3 inch offset. The H will make it deeper and so will the resonators!!

Quick Reply: Magnaflow true duals