Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP WITH HOODS !

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 05:21 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP WITH HOODS !

u wanna see sexy???? ill post the pic as soon as i get someone else to take the picture... its really hard taking a picture of myself

Pauly
Old 06-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Stang4yoass
1st Gear Member

lmao ure gay !
Old 06-10-2006, 06:35 PM
KnotBand
I ♥ Acer

I got some advice for you since I am in the process of dicking with my hood scoop after it came loose on the highway.....pretty funny sight actually, only one side came up, but I have to take it all off, get me some new 3M tape, and start over....

First, about the stripes....in that picture of the roush hood scoop, those stripes are only about 6" wide....if you are going with the 10" stripes, they will have to lay over the sides of the hood scoop.....and to do that, you will most likely need two sets of stripes...one to go down before the scoop, and one to do just the scoop before you put it on....that is because the stripes are pre-cut, and will not fit over a scoop....I tried searching all over the internet for pre-cut stripes to go over a hood scoop, and found nothing......also, putting the stripes on the scoops is a bitch...but I am happy with the way it looks.....it isn't perfect, but it isn't bad either.....

of course, if you are going to paint the stripes on, then it doesn't matter.....you will just be blowing a lot of money on a paint job.

Oh yea, you could just get the scoop painted black (or the color of your stripes)..I have seen that and it doesn't look bad....it just isn't the look in that picture.

If I were to do it all over again...I would get this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fiber...spagenameZWDVW

You could probably get a stripe kit to fit it......but I would guess you would have to find someone on the internet, or wherever you buy it from to supply you with some extra feet...if you are painting it, this would definately be easier becuase it already needs to be painted......you would probably come out cheaper starting with an unpainted hood then have to have them go back and remove the clear coat, sand it down, mask it off, then paint it.......at least the hood portion....

In fact, if yours is Tungeston Grey...which it looks like, I have the xenon hood scoop, already painted and with stripes...I would consider selling it to you so I could get that hood.....if you are interested.......PM me....

it already has black stripes on it and it isn't installed right now, so I could easily put it in a box, with the 3M tape I was going to use....
Old 06-10-2006, 06:50 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

well its not a big deal for me to stripe the scoop, im getting 1 huge 24" stripe in the centre with small pinstripes, im having them installed by a vinyl sign and graphics guy, im just gonna have him do the top of the scoop and have sum Blue showing on the sides of the scoop, i think it will look better than having the whole scoop the same color as the stripes.. and as for painted stripes..... i think a better investment of 1200 bucks would be a dozen turbonators!

Paul
Old 06-10-2006, 07:15 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

For Stang4yoass, I would stripe the car first and then have the scoop painted to match it like Knotband said. The price wouldn't be too bad to have it painted.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Stang4yoass
1st Gear Member

wow this seems way too confusing for me .. i think im just gunna scratch the whole stripes idea all together then i dont get this whole hood striping n idk maybe ill just leave it be cuz mineral grey is a toughie to get stripes with anyways
Old 06-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Im2niceaguy1970

I have the 3dCarbon scoop. It came prepainted to match my vehicle. I love it. I still have to add the stripes though.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39637/E928BB04766E4BE1A06654519B6DC7E8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/39637/1FCD2CD7D9F44B41A34F5977F5E26B7D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Stang4yoass
1st Gear Member

yeah but i want the 12" stripes so idk how that wud look with the hood n stuff urghhhh i think im giving up on stripes
Old 06-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Im2niceaguy1970

Just measured & the 3D hood scoop is 26" across with about 22" of flat surface to put on stripes... not sure if this helps you or not. Good Luck.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:31 PM
KnotBand
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

well its not a big deal for me to stripe the scoop, im getting 1 huge 24" stripe in the centre with small pinstripes, im having them installed by a vinyl sign and graphics guy, im just gonna have him do the top of the scoop and have sum Blue showing on the sides of the scoop, i think it will look better than having the whole scoop the same color as the stripes.. and as for painted stripes..... i think a better investment of 1200 bucks would be a dozen turbonators!

Paul
at least you are have someone doing it for you......the problem I had was trying to get something that is cut to fit flat, curve around the edges of the scoop...

Quick Reply: HELP WITH HOODS !