Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone familiar w/ SCT's new Strategy Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 06:33 PM
The Toltek

Default Anyone familiar w/ SCT's new Strategy Tuner

Well, originally i bought the Diablo Sport tuner but read somewhere on these forums that it doesn't do well w/ the shift points on the V6 automatic trans. I made the purchase at RPM outlet and they are willing to exchange it for the SCT tuner.
I asked him for the Xcal2 and he replied "The SCT Strategy is the NEW generation SCT tuning device. The xCalibrator 2 is the older and soon to obsolete tuner offered by SCT"
So the question is... has anyone heard/used this new tuner? from what i hear it's supposed to be better than the Xcal2.

comments welcome!
Old 06-09-2006, 06:35 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone familiar w/ SCT's new Strategy Tuner

No but definetly interested. I planned on ordering my C & L w/ Xcal2 combo on Monday from Evolution.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Heres the link, sorry I was reading something else! LOL!
http://www.sctflash.com/product_SF.php
Old 06-09-2006, 06:47 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Just talked to Fred at Evolution and he said this new one is all preloaded tunes from SCT and if you make any mods afterwards the unit is obsolete. I'm sticking with the Xcal2.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:34 PM
The Toltek

So if i'm understanding this correctly, this new tuner only comes w/ pre-loaded tunes and you can't adjust stuff individually - like say on a dyno or something.
I don't understand how the unit would be obsolete after doing a mod though. hmmmm... <marinating>
Old 06-09-2006, 07:52 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Say you dicide to add a supercharger, or maybe something simple like add headers, or change to a higher grade sparkplug. The tunes take advantage of certain things and when you change them it throws the tune out of whack. This is my best guess after all my readings here on the forums. I'm sure later tonight someone with more experience will chime in. That's your que afixer, rygen, scrming, etc...
Old 06-09-2006, 08:28 PM
The Toltek

Thanks for the reply.
I'm interested in finding out more information and hoping too that someone else will chime in.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:58 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amystery2u

No but definetly interested. I planned on ordering my C & L w/ Xcal2 combo on Monday from Evolution.
You will dig the Evolution tune to the max. My auto shifts great... and with the C&L, the power in first second and third is awesome.... really justs from 0 to 40 in nothing flat. I am running the 93 tune.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:00 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

So this must be a lower priced stock item to sell at stores... probably for people with complete stock cars to get a tune.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:15 AM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

So this must be a lower priced stock item to sell at stores... probably for people with complete stock cars to get a tune.
I dont know what their business plan is for this model. I have not seen a price yet. Too tired to try and reason this one out right now. Just know I'm sticking with the xcal2.

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar w/ SCT's new Strategy Tuner