Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got my first big ding today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 03:10 AM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

Default Got my first big ding today...

First time post, long time troller on here. Hiya all.

Anyway, got my Zaino kit in the mail, and was all excited and ready to spend most of my day working on the paint. After work, I got home, and noticed some &%(#&*$# had slammed into my front bumper with his trailer hitch and judt drove off, this happened today, while i was working. It wasn't some little bump either, it's pretty much the perfect impression of one of those square aftermarket hitches big square dent, and about half of the depth of the bumper cover torn and peeled away. It's also dented in far enough to mess up the way my grille aligns with the top, there's about 1/8" of a gap between the grille and the bumper cover where it is pushed in. This is the SECOND time this has happened to me in the last year. I used to have an Acura Integra, and someone hit my car at the door, and creased it from the mirror halfway down the door, and just drove off, like they did today. So, anyway, my insurance deductible is 500 bucks, and I know if i turn it in, my premium will go up... sigh.. ANy ideas? I kinda think if someone grinds it down and smooths it out, and touches it up.. I can live with it, but I really love this car, and guess a new front bumper cover is the right way to go... I have had my baby for less than a month, and spent a ton on the aforementioned acura to keep it from dying - which it ended up doing, and spent the rest I had saved up on my downpayment for the new mustang. 500 bucks is gonna suuuuck. Anyone have a windveil front bumper they want to sell.... cheap? Is it going to cost a fortune to have someone try to match the metallic paint and touch up my mashed up bumper cover?

---

Zaino'd my car though, and let me say, WOW that stuff is amazing. the rest of my car looks great.

-- Pete

Love the car, hate my $(^%(# luck.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:16 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Got my first big ding today...

Oh man sorry to hear that. Welcome to the Forums though and good luck with the repair
Old 06-11-2006, 03:21 AM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

Some a hole dented my passenger door at the airport and just left >.< luckily a household plunger and one hard pull fixed it.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:22 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Hey welcome to the club! Yeah I got so many small dents and scrapes it puts me in tears everytime I see her.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:23 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Wow dude that totally sucks... I remember my first ding and I had to get that fixed because I felt terrible driving a brand new mustang with flaws in it. Good luck with that and sorry to hear that.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:35 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Will happen or has happened to us all. I had my stang for two weeks and Walmart managed to smash my front and rear bumpers while doing repairs to a tire. [:@]

Anyhow, time to get GT bumpers!

[edit] And I doubt you're a "troll." A troll is one who lurks on message boards and use net groups and tries to illicit a response from users by baiting them. Real avid trolls will bait users who are incredibly dumb, get them all worked up to act retarded, and claim them as their prized kook back on their troll HQ.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:58 AM
JimC

Try the web site www.bumpers.com, they might have a bumper cover for you and the prices seem reasonable.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:23 AM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

Bumper cover on eBay.

If you want to upgrade to GT...
Old 06-11-2006, 12:58 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

For you folks that have gotten "dinged", check out the nearest paintless dent repair guy in your area. I just had someone put a beauty of a ding high on my rear quarter panel last week. The local dent tech guy popped it out yesterday with no trace of the ding remaining for $50. Awesome job, I'd of paid three times that much to not have to look at it everytime I looked at the car. Check into it.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:07 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I feel your pain; I just ran a similar thread last week about my first ding. BTW I saw V6 bumper covers on Ebay last night, prepainted and reasonable price.

Quick Reply: Got my first big ding today...