Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My most expensive birthday present ever!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default My most expensive birthday present ever!

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that as a 45th birdthday present to myself I ordered a replacement for my sixxer; it’s a torch red ’07 GT vert with IUP, premier trim, polished Bullitts, cloth top, appearance package, comfort package, etc. Ironically I very nearly pulled the trigger on ordering a supercharger for the sixxer only a couple of weeks ago. I had emailed that I was ready to buy and asked for payment info. It took a couple of days for them to get back to me and in that time I reconsidered what I was doing. Once I factored in the fact that I would spend up to 6k on the supercharger and required upgrades, I decided to go back to square one and evaluate whether I had the car that I really wanted (now versus when I bought it) to begin with. Here are the things that swayed my decision:

- Exhaust note. Much as I like the exhaust note with the dual GTs on the sixxer, when I hear a GT with aftermarket exhaust I can’t help but feel envious! It really takes me back to the days when I drove big block muscle cars; that sound tugs at my heart and soul!

- Color. I love the looks of the black with red interior, but as everyone knows black is tough to keep clean. I don’t mind washing it a couple of times a week IF I can wash it at home, but we’re on our 2nd year of water restrictions (with no end in sight) and CAN’T wash our cars at home. I don’t like going to a car wash nearly as much as that personal experience of washing it in the drive, so it goes farther between washes. The black just doesn’t look good if it’s not clean. Plus I’ve come to really love the torch red over the 18 months since I bought my car.

- Tranny. One of my regrets is that I didn't get a stick.

- Performance. Sure I can add a SC to the sixxer and get GT performance (or maybe a bit better), but on the other hand I can add a SC to a GT and the performance will be that much better. IE, the GT is a better starting point for mod’s.

- New features on the ’07. I really like some of the updates like the cloth top and the heated seats, the appearance package and the premier trim group. Cool stuff!

There are other smaller reasons like the fact that there is only a tiny cost difference in insurance, but the above reasons were the biggies. I’m sure I won’t be participating any less on this forum though, I really like all you guys and gals Plus I haven’t been discriminatory up until now about hanging out on the GT forum even though I have a sixxer. So I’ll keep stopping by unless ya’ll want to tar-and-feather me for jumping ship
Old 06-12-2006, 04:06 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My most expensive birthday present ever!

First of all---HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

WOW....07 already...couldn't wait until '09? Run the 05 a bit longer! Congrats on the upcoming addition to the family!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:08 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

First off, Happy Birthday. Secondly, no matter what it is still a mustang. You do what makes you happy and with what you posted...I am sure it did. If I had it to do all over again..I would have the GT, 5 speed, etc (my brother told me to get it but I didn't listen).

Enjoy it!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:10 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Happy birthday! And, congratulations! You're gonna love the GT!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:13 PM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

WOW Very nice Tres! I came on this forum around 04/05 of 2005, I remember you now as just about the longest V6 member here.
I'm sure you sixxer has treated you well... but now go enjoy that GT ! [sm=burnout.gif]
Old 06-12-2006, 04:13 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Happy B-Day and congrats on the new GT!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Thanks all! Yeah, the V6 has treated me well for sure! I have no regrets whatsoever about having bought it. It is very unlike me to sell a car after only 18 months, but I anticipate keeping the GT forever barring an accident/ theft/ freak act of nature [8D] I'll be taking a big loss on the 6 over what I paid for it, but what the hell, all of our investments are losing money too [&:] Plus I'm getting a great deal on the GT, 100 bucks under invoice!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Happy Birthday, Congrats on the GT Purchase! Just wondering, how much did you get for your 6?
Old 06-12-2006, 05:15 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

Congrats!!! So are you going to sell your Fog lights??? i am very interested if so.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Happy Birthday and congrats on the GT!

Quick Reply: My most expensive birthday present ever!