Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Meguiar's NTX

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 03:42 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default Meguiar's NTX

Well, trying to figure out what to wax the Stang with..... I experimented with Meguiars NTX on my minivan, and it went on real nice (with 6 in. orbital buffer), and came off real nice, and left a real nice shine.

How many of you are happy or unhappy with NTX? How long does it appear to last.... especially if I am washing every 10 days or so. How does it compare to ICE... they seem to be very similar products. I am mainly just wondering if this "easy on, easy off" wax has any durability or not. I don't want to have to rewax with it every 2 weeks.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:46 PM
volley

Default RE: Meguiar's NTX

I use NTX and really like it. Haven't had a chance to use it on the Stang yet but I have had good results with it on my other vehicles. I only wax like 3-4 times a year though...
Old 06-13-2006, 05:26 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ntx rocks, NXT is even better.

I live by NXT. You can see the result in my signature. Great protection and durability with amazing shine.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:29 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I agree... NXT is good, good stuff! It's very easy to work with... just apply it to the whole car, let it haze, then buff it off... comes off easy. But, I suspect ICE might be even easier... though, I question the durability.

I need to get one of those orbital buffers...
Old 06-13-2006, 05:34 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

I agree... NXT is good, good stuff! It's very easy to work with... just apply it to the whole car, let it haze, then buff it off... comes off easy. But, I suspect ICE might be even easier... though, I question the durability.

I need to get one of those orbital buffers...
Get this

http://autodetailingsolutions.com/Po...20Specials.htm
Old 06-13-2006, 06:27 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

But, I suspect ICE might be even easier... though, I question the durability.
ICE is very easy. Spray on-wipe off. That simple.

As for the durability...I wouldn't write home about it. I reapply the ICE with every wash because I suspect it doesn't hold up too well under soap. I also noticed that after about two or three good rains, it doesn't bead as well as it does when it is first applied. However, I last applied mine just about a week and a half ago, and I still have a nice shine to the car. I was really impressed with how the water beaded and sheeted off the car right after I put the stuff on though.

One bottle (~$10) is good for about three applications from my experience.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:26 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Thanks! That looks like a good one!

ORIGINAL: JStang78
ICE is very easy. Spray on-wipe off. That simple.

As for the durability...I wouldn't write home about it. I reapply the ICE with every wash because I suspect it doesn't hold up too well under soap. I also noticed that after about two or three good rains, it doesn't bead as well as it does when it is first applied. However, I last applied mine just about a week and a half ago, and I still have a nice shine to the car. I was really impressed with how the water beaded and sheeted off the car right after I put the stuff on though.

One bottle (~$10) is good for about three applications from my experience.
I had a feeling... but, it still looks very promising and I'll probably try a bottle one day.

I still have my original bottle of NXT Tech Wax I bought spring of 2004.... I've waxed quite a few times... I've lost count.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:36 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default Can I wax over decals

As you can see from my picture to the left, I have Boss "C" strips on the side... should I NXT was right over these? Or should you never apply wax or buff over these decals??
Old 06-13-2006, 07:38 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Can I wax over decals

ORIGINAL: LX200

As you can see from my picture to the left, I have Boss "C" strips on the side... should I NXT was right over these? Or should you never apply wax or buff over these decals??
I try to avoid the decals...
Old 06-13-2006, 07:50 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Can I wax over decals

ORIGINAL: LX200

I try to avoid the decals...
+1

ICE does do a pretty good job of removing any wax residue, however. I used it to get some off of the grille.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's NTX