Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mod Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 05:01 PM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

Default Mod Help!

hows it going guys? i was just wondering what kind of mods i could do that cost 300 or less to my car...i already have the AFE intake in mind and i wanna get a Magnaflow thats describes on my sig....so could u guys give me some tips on what else i could do? oh, and is that exhaust i have in mind a good pick for my car or is there something better? and whats the difference between axleback and catback when referring to an exhaust?
Old 06-14-2006, 05:12 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Mod Help!

ORIGINAL: V6MustangKnight

hows it going guys? i was just wondering what kind of mods i could do that cost 300 or less to my car...i already have the AFE intake in mind and i wanna get a Magnaflow thats describes on my sig....so could u guys give me some tips on what else i could do? oh, and is that exhaust i have in mind a good pick for my car or is there something better? and whats the difference between axleback and catback when referring to an exhaust?
Welcome! I have an MRT Axleback exhaust that I love. Go here to listen to other members v6 sound clips https://mustangforums.com/m_1183819/tm.htm

Old 06-14-2006, 06:02 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

exhaust axle back is exaclty what it says, its a muffler replacement from your axle back..

a catback system, is from your catalytic converters back
Old 06-14-2006, 06:03 PM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: toosober

Welcome! I have an MRT Axleback exhaust that I love. Go here to listen to other members v6 sound clips https://mustangforums.com/m_1183819/tm.htm

wow, that sounds really nice...so then i should go with the axleback right guys?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:39 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

If you are looking for under $300, u may have to go with just axleback, but that keeps your existing Y-pipe which is restrictive...if you got true duals with an x or h-pipe, then you may get better sound but you will have to cut your rear bumper or get a GT takeoff to replace your existing...all in all that will cost more than $300, but you maybe more happier with the results! Ride around your town and talk to your local muffler shops...you may be able to get duals and all work done for $300...mine cost $456 out the door, for true Super 40's with H-pipe (see my sig)
Old 06-14-2006, 06:43 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I would save the $300 until you have nearly 600 and get a Tuner/CAI combo from one of the following:

-Evolution
-Bamachips (offers both C&L or TI, I was happy with my TI when I had it)
-Alternative Auto
-Brenspeed

You will be amazed at the difference after this upgrade. Trust me.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:48 PM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

ok, well...between the exhaust and the intake...what should i get first?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:51 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

YEAH BABY!!!! Just ordered mine yesterday for $565 shipped from Fred at Evolution!!!!

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I would save the $300 until you have nearly 600 and get a Tuner/CAI combo from one of the following:

-Evolution
-Bamachips (offers both C&L or TI, I was happy with my TI when I had it)
-Alternative Auto
-Brenspeed

You will be amazed at the difference after this upgrade. Trust me.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:52 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I would get the exhaust, a MRT or nice single axle back. I wouldn't get a CAI unless you get a tuner with some tunes bundled with it.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:54 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

+1....get the exhaust, I don't think you get much of an HP gain, but u do get a nice sound & look !
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I would get the exhaust, a MRT or nice single axle back. I wouldn't get a CAI unless you get a tuner with some tunes bundled with it.

Quick Reply: Mod Help!