Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What the hell is this woman talking about!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:13 AM
kemo24
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What the hell is this woman talking about!

i am getting a rear sway bar for mine the rear feels lose in corners. ps i had a 98 eclipse gs and this car by far is better.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

a limited slip differential basically gives power to both wheels instead of just usually the right rear tire.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:16 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Harry where did you get your striped put on? Ft Myers is not that far from me. I think maybe 2 hours but I would be willing to travel that if it was for a good job. What did they charge you?
Old 06-15-2006, 12:44 AM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

+1 on the rear sway bar making a difference...my Pony Package Mustang corners great, I could definitely tell the difference between it and the one I test drove (not a Pony Package...no rear sway bar).
Old 06-15-2006, 01:06 AM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

first off, you should check your tire pressure! welcome to the forums. your an official mfer now!

ORIGINAL: msoar00

Newbie here! just got my first mustang and god help me I've never been so in love with a car in my life! Thing is the whole reason for my new car was because I was in a bad accident and crashed my 01 4 CYL Eclipse GS. Anyway now I'm driving the mustang and even though it has a wider stance and is a bigger car, I feel every single bump that I go over and I just dont feel like I have as great cornering ability as the Eclipse. The tight turns I used to be able to make in the Eclipse I cant do in the Mustang. So I'm thinking its either because A)I'm being sensitive due to the accident I was just in or B) the car is RWD and the Eclipse was FWD?

The car came with the stock 16 tires (bought used had about 10,000 miles) but they have lots of tread left. Will buying bigger/better tires help or is it the shocks that matter?

suggestions on where I can find the tires/rims? Also umm...ok girl here remember that... whats a limited slip differential?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:20 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

Hey teacherman. actually my dad and i ordered the stripe kit off ebay. and it took us two days and lots of time and patience. But we did an absolute perfect job, no airbubbles and its alligned perfectly. anyway the stripes were around 100$ i think. Sorry, probably not the answer you were looking for. i know a place i think they wanted 400 and i saw some vehicles of real complicated graphics they did. it looked like they do a professional job. umm i think it was maybe car graphix 41. im not sure though.

HFinstrom@gmail.com
Old 06-15-2006, 01:53 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

No actually that is a cool answer. For 100 bucks with that job you and your dad did? That is awesome man. Maybe I will do the same thing. Been a while since a bonded with my dad and he loves my car. Would be fun. Cool.
ORIGINAL: Harry_F

Hey teacherman. actually my dad and i ordered the stripe kit off ebay. and it took us two days and lots of time and patience. But we did an absolute perfect job, no airbubbles and its alligned perfectly. anyway the stripes were around 100$ i think. Sorry, probably not the answer you were looking for. i know a place i think they wanted 400 and i saw some vehicles of real complicated graphics they did. it looked like they do a professional job. umm i think it was maybe car graphix 41. im not sure though.

HFinstrom@gmail.com
Old 06-15-2006, 02:08 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Hey teach, after your done Bonding with dad and If you guys do a good job you can come do mine too, I'll buy the beer. ****Only to be drank AFTER the stripes are on straight LOL
Old 06-15-2006, 02:56 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

So hamidlmt any website suggestions on where I can find the tires/rims? Also umm...ok girl here remember that... whats a limited slip differential?
Try ebay... Casco is a seller that has GT take-offs. Saleen also has GT take-off parts.. but, I'm not sure about the wheels/tires.

An example of the limited slip differential is the Ford Racing t-lok, which you may have read about it the forums. There's also the Auburn and the Detroit TrueTrac. With an open differential (which you have now), when one tire breaks loose, usually only the passenger side tire will spin. With a limited slip differential, both wheels keep power.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:00 AM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

I said the same thing when I first got in mine. I too came from a car just like yours. It was the 2002 Dodge stratus. It has the same frame and suspension but has different bumpers. The stock mustang has a little more body roll and needs a little persuation to get it to hug the road like your eclipes did. I would suggest some sway bars and the panhard bar for less body roll.

Newbie here! just got my first mustang and god help me I've never been so in love with a car in my life! Thing is the whole reason for my new car was because I was in a bad accident and crashed my 01 4 CYL Eclipse GS. Anyway now I'm driving the mustang and even though it has a wider stance and is a bigger car, I feel every single bump that I go over and I just dont feel like I have as great cornering ability as the Eclipse. The tight turns I used to be able to make in the Eclipse I cant do in the Mustang. So I'm thinking its either because A)I'm being sensitive due to the accident I was just in or B) the car is RWD and the Eclipse was FWD?

The car came with the stock 16 tires (bought used had about 10,000 miles) but they have lots of tread left. Will buying bigger/better tires help or is it the shocks that matter?

Quick Reply: What the hell is this woman talking about!