Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WTF! fast and the furious tokyo drift

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 02:05 PM
blazen352

Default RE: WTF! fast and the furious tokyo drift

I duno, I kinda lik tha stang wit a fart canon!!!!11!1!1! I hope its starts a knew stile!
Old 06-15-2006, 02:17 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chidrock

I just wonder what they're going to make it sound like...
an RB26 actually sounds pretty decent..but its still gay to put one in a stang
Old 06-15-2006, 02:24 PM
gabeh1018
2nd Gear Member

a little off topic, but what makes drifting intriguing is the fact that you need to have complete control over your car as opposed to anyone with a little money dumping like 20 Gs under the hood and beating you in a straight line
Old 06-15-2006, 02:44 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Total BS! a fart can on a classic Mustang!
I rented a good movie last night called Running Scared, the main character drives around through the whole movie in a 67 red GT convertible Stang. It's worth a rent.
Ironically, the lead in Running Scared? None other then Paul Walker, "of FatF & 2F2F fame It was a good movie though, even if as an actor Walker rates below Keanu Reeves.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

+1, Agreed we need to all get together and film an all stang video I betcha we would make more money than these damn films!
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: P Zero

That stupid *** fart can HAS TO GO. Other than that the car looks clean. Ill go see it anyway, kinda disappointed with the F & F series, seems like EVERY american car that has anything always gets totalled. Charger (challenger? whatever) in the first one, they squashed a Saleen in the second (you could see the guy steer the car under the truck), and I bet in this one theyre gonna mess this stang up. Gotta make the ricers feel better about their inadequate cars.
-P.
That charger in the first one had slicks on it, it should have killed the TT Supra in that scene. That race was from a dig. Ya, and the second one, you're right, what they did to the Saleen, not right. What we need is a racing movie with muslce cars.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

They=Dumb

A 67 Mustang, suddenly made into a drift car by the addition of a freaking Nissan engine? What?

Anyone heard the VW radio commercials they're playing in the Chicagoland area? The setup is that they secretly send one of their engineers to test drive some of their competitors' cars...the best line in the commercials is when the salesman tells him that he's driving the car from 'that movie' he responds: "This car is not Fast, and it's making me Furious."

I'm somehow even less interested in Tokyo Drift than I was in 2F2F, and I thought that the concept of making 2F2F was a joke. This is Beyond a joke.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:36 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jiraiya

They=Dumb

A 67 Mustang, suddenly made into a drift car by the addition of a freaking Nissan engine? What?

Anyone heard the VW radio commercials they're playing in the Chicagoland area? The setup is that they secretly send one of their engineers to test drive some of their competitors' cars...the best line in the commercials is when the salesman tells him that he's driving the car from 'that movie' he responds: "This car is not Fast, and it's making me Furious."

I'm somehow even less interested in Tokyo Drift than I was in 2F2F, and I thought that the concept of making 2F2F was a joke. This is Beyond a joke.
LOL! I heard that one for the first time last night during the Sox game!!!

This movie should be considered obscenity for what they did to that car. There's really no other way to describe it.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

What are you talking about, Keanu Reeves was Ted in "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"

And who can forget these memorable lines from the Matrix

"Yeah, sure. I'll go".

and

"Whoa."
Old 06-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

im crying. this breaks my heart. there should be something in a mustang where if someone tries to do that an invisible force field won't let them.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

LOL!
ORIGINAL: Harry_F

im crying. this breaks my heart. there should be something in a mustang where if someone tries to do that an invisible force field won't let them.

Quick Reply: WTF! fast and the furious tokyo drift