Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang V6 Quality Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 12:06 AM
harrison
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang V6 Quality Problems

Luckily their reputation is well known. No sure how they stay in business but...... I have to make a road trip so I hope they got it this time.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:34 AM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-20-2006, 01:05 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

My trannys leaking. I had it in for repairs and they did the out put seal and its still leaking a bit. Im going back in at 15,000 see if they can get it the 3rd time.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Plastic pieces meaning, Trunk panels, interior pieces like behind door handles door pin went into actual door and to get out youd have to go out the other door! LOL! Um piece where you foot goes popped off, the piceces above side plastic trim was coming off, rear seat pins keep coming out, the seat flaps coming out twice but they finally fixed it and im sure im missing something but thats about all I can remember right now. Some of them were fixed and some off them still keep on (rear seat pins, piece where you feat goes but once in a while though.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:28 AM
micx7
1st Gear Member

whats the deal with the lemons laws up there? I know when I bought mine the dealer told me after 5 repairs within the first I believe 3 months caused by mechanical/design flaws, they would replace the car with a new one free of charge under the lemon law.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:33 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Its the same but you have to go back for the exact problem 3 times.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:03 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

Ok, here's an update....

Had it in once for the water leak, repaired.

Leaked the next day, left it for three days for the sealant to cure.

Rained two days later, water in trunk.

Called Ford to see if they can offer some remedy. I am patient to a point but when I cannot rely on the car, I get a bit testy. As I said, bought it two months ago, haven't really been able to enjoy it if you know what I mean.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:51 AM
PegsPony05

Want to hear a real horror story, my 05 Mustang Conv. has spent more time in the shop than with me, replaced conv. top, replaced front & rearend, replaced mufller hangers, replaced 1 of 3 blower motors, replaced a bunch of ***** on the seats front & back,on the eighth set of stripes, replaced the power steering pump, replaced most of steering wheel & column and still making noises, and last but not least I'm on my 3rd transmission and it's an automatic!!!,I'm filing a lemon law case, wish this hadn't been such a nightmare cause I waited all my life for a Mustang and I love the car, but I've driven more rentals in the last year than I have in my entire life, Thank God it's all covered by the Warr. !!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/38908/6FD0A55737FB4A64BB84D0CA3707424D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-25-2006, 03:09 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Damn, three trannies! How can that be? I feel lucky I haven't had any major problems yet. Knock on wood!
ORIGINAL: PegsPony05

Want to hear a real horror story, my 05 Mustang Conv. has spent more time in the shop than with me, replaced conv. top, replaced front & rearend, replaced mufller hangers, replaced 1 of 3 blower motors, replaced a bunch of ***** on the seats front & back,on the eighth set of stripes, replaced the power steering pump, replaced most of steering wheel & column and still making noises, and last but not least I'm on my 3rd transmission and it's an automatic!!!,I'm filing a lemon law case, wish this hadn't been such a nightmare cause I waited all my life for a Mustang and I love the car, but I've driven more rentals in the last year than I have in my entire life, Thank God it's all covered by the Warr. !!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/38908/6FD0A55737FB4A64BB84D0CA3707424D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-25-2006, 03:24 AM
PegsPony05

I couldn't believe it either, on the 3rd one I was having the oil changed by a friend that's owns a shop and he said I had a small transmission leak, I went off!!! before I got to the dealership it exploded!! parts went everywhere, when me & the wrecker got to the dealership everyone was hiding. My friend doesn't think I got a lemon he thinks the mechanics at the dealership are total morons, I'm beginning to think he's right, gonna try another one Monday

Quick Reply: Mustang V6 Quality Problems