Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang V6 Quality Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 01:46 AM
harrison
1st Gear Member

Default Mustang V6 Quality Problems

Your mileage may very but I am not having much fun. I am relaying my story in the hopes that those looking for a V6 stang will understand that there are some dogs out there:

My 2006 Mustang has been in for service five times now and it is a month and a half old. Right off the lot, there was a leak in the weatherstrip near the top of the windshield. Parts were ordered, so I went back in a week to have it repaired. Before I had a chance to get many k’s on the car, the coolant reservoir started overflowing. That was repaired. Then I went on my first trip and noticed a significant rattle in the convertible latches so I made another appointment. Before I was able to get in for service, I noticed brake fluid leaking from the reservoir cap. I went in for the service appointment and more parts were ordered. A few days later, I went back and the repairs were made. A couple days after taking my vehicle home, I went for a drive in the rain. I found that the right wheel well in the trunk was full of water. Back in for repairs. Took the vehicle home and the next day, same thing, water in the trunk. My vehicle is now sitting in the shop over a weekend so the sealant can cure. This will be five more days without my new car. While I was installing my radio, I noticed that a number of the plastic trim pins were not even pushed in their holes. I found that the screws in the trunk that hold the trunk liner were loose. Not even tightened up at all, just hanging on the first thread.

Stuff happens and I expect repairs. I have never had so many things on a vehicle in my 30 years of driving. Yes, these are all minor things but it really points to a lack of quality control in Ford's system. How could this get through. These things were obvious as soon as you open the hood and trunk. I must admit I am really pissed right now and have sent a lenthy message to Ford Canada. I did not buy a vehicle expecting perfection. For a company whose motto is quality job 1, I am really wondering what happened here. The dealer is repairing things but I've cancelled two trips and a holiday just to spend time in the service department. Really pathetic if you ask me. There is really no such thing as a Canadian or American car. These things may be assembled in North America but the parts are from all over the place. I hope some assembler and QA person gets their *** kicked for this. I'm busy, have kids and jobs. I have no time for this!

Again, this is not meant to be a warning. This is information to be used in conjunction with the other opinions out there. On the plus side, I don't have many miles on it. Maybe when I trade it in, that will be to my advantage. When I can take it out, it is a fun car!
Old 06-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang V6 Quality Problems

05 v6 vert in the picture... flawless.... hasn't had anything wrong! of course now that I say that... I'll keep you all posted
Old 06-17-2006, 02:10 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Had mine for over a year with no issues. There are always a few bad apples in the bunch, I guess you got unlucky with your ride man, that sucks.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:10 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Look at ur build date, i BET it was either built Friday at 3.59pm or monday at 6.45 am LOL

But jokes aside that sucks dude, they give u a loaner to drive???? u should push for some sort of compensation.

Good luck

Paul
Old 06-17-2006, 02:16 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Ouch, that really would **** me off too! I've only had one problem with my car since I've had her, but the dealership paid for it.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:24 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Dont worry man your not the only one the stang has seen the service department more than 5 times and I might go tommorow for the rattle TSBs. The first week we had it the rear glass had to be replaced due to broken rear defrosters then the annoying plastic panels popping and comming loose, and the gas tank and the struts and the door handles and the problems with the tint and I can go on and on and on. It is really annoying but it was the first year of production so stuff like this I guess is normal, but in the end its all worth it!
Old 06-17-2006, 02:31 AM
kemo24
1st Gear Member

sorry hear that. it sucks but theres always a few lemons.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:01 AM
kevinb
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the problems. Hang in there and hopefully this will be your last trip back to the dealership and you'll be able to enjoy your Mustang for the rest of the summer and thereafter!
Old 06-18-2006, 03:53 AM
LiquidLenny
1st Gear Member

Justin,
What plastic panels? Geeze you guys are starting to worry me. I just picked up an '05 leftover.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:14 AM
FemmeCanuck
1st Gear Member

Harrison,
I see that you are in Edmonton, so the question has to be asked, Which dealership are you using? K**tw**d or T**m? If either of these two, GO TO A DIFFERENT DEALER. These two are owned by the same family and they don't give a crap once they have your money!

Quick Reply: Mustang V6 Quality Problems