Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

JUST GOT A FREAKING TINT TICKET

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: JUST GOT A FREAKING TINT TICKET

You should have gotten 100% tint. [sm=bling.gif]
Old 06-19-2006, 03:42 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

You guys shouldn't gripe about your tinting rules. Here's the rule in California, from the CHP web site.

Can I put after-market tinting on the windows of my vehicle?

The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:

1. The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
2. If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.

The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, with certain limited exceptions.

However, legislation signed into law effective January 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless, and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays. If, as, or when this material becomes torn, bubbled or otherwise worn, it must be removed or replaced.
That means only the rear window of a hardtop Mustang can be legally tinted in California. I don't care, since I have no reason to tint my windows. I keep them down, along with the top, all the time anyway.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

He must have pulled you for the time on the tail lights. Ga made it legal to tint windows as dark as you wanted them. Unless they changed it this year. It should only be a fix it ticket, if that is what it was for. Go to your local Police Dept, and have them look at it.

Kev
Old 06-22-2006, 05:17 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cobrakev

He must have pulled you for the time on the tail lights. Ga made it legal to tint windows as dark as you wanted them. Unless they changed it this year. It should only be a fix it ticket, if that is what it was for. Go to your local Police Dept, and have them look at it.

Kev
No he told me he pulled me over for the windows... GA has a 33% tint law, or that's what "Timmy the Trooper in Training" told me.

and as for the "fix it" ticket... i dont think it was just one of those unless they come with a $105 fine. i dont know...
here's how i'm gonna look at it though, i could get 3 more tint tickets for the same price it would cost to have my current tint stripped and have lighter tint put on so...
dont get me wrong i'm all about obeying the law, but sometimes it's just a lose-lose situation [&o]