Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Opinions wanted.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 11:58 AM
defiant00
1st Gear Member

Default Opinions wanted.....

Okay guys, I know that everyone here has an opinion (and expresses it freely!), and I want to know what you think of this idea. I have a black '06, and I'm thinking about the whole car. What I mean by that is getting dark tint for the windows (I'm doing that regardless), the tinted film for the headlights, taillights, and sidemarkers, FR500 wheels in Anthrocite, and getting an Aluminum billet grill and having it anodized to match the wheels. I'm also getting the Legend rear wing, side and window scoops.

So, opinions?
Old 06-21-2006, 12:01 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Opinions wanted.....

You'll be hard to see at night. Thats alot of black but I bet it looks good.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:01 PM
HxCory
2nd Gear Member

Sounds good, I'd change the rims, I love the FR500's, but only in Chrome. I think your car would look good with, yes, Black Bullits.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:08 PM
hwy1strat
2nd Gear Member

someone else on this forum went with the all black theme he has a gt so check the posts over there. that will look sweet but you might wanna go with black wheels and the saleen front and rear fascia.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:25 PM
robc@pdpf.com
1st Gear Member

I haven't got my windows tinted yet...but the side marker lights are gone! I think all black looks good!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/38626/AF95C7E75B6C400D8FA636BB51798B7E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

The tinted headlights probably isn't the best idea. I'd suggest you take chrome/black approach. The grill, leave billet, get the chrome FR500C wheels, get chrome 40 badges (something to put in the pony flag spot on your front fenders so the side has a bit of balance), get chrome tail light surrounds (I have these, I think they look marvelous, really harkens back to the 68's chrome tail light surrounds), and chrome exhaust tips. I think it looks mean. I was also looking at the anthracite wheels (the mrt knock offs).
Old 06-21-2006, 12:40 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: defiant00

Okay guys, I know that everyone here has an opinion (and expresses it freely!), and I want to know what you think of this idea. I have a black '06, and I'm thinking about the whole car. What I mean by that is getting dark tint for the windows (I'm doing that regardless), the tinted film for the headlights, taillights, and sidemarkers, FR500 wheels in Anthrocite, and getting an Aluminum billet grill and having it anodized to match the wheels. I'm also getting the Legend rear wing, side and window scoops.

So, opinions?
IMO is that is too much black on a car. I think to make it look right you have to have some contrasting parts like the black and chrome idea. I have an all black with 20% window tint all around and think I want some more contrast like the fr500 chromes. I hear the blackouts on the headlights makes it harder for you to see at night.

But hey, I dont have to drive your car. You do so get what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside everytime you see your car.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:48 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Build it on ponybuilder.com then put the image up so we can see it. Concept sounds good though.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
05 Silvertible
2nd Gear Member

get the headlighth covers from GTS so you can take them off if you need to ie bad weather cops bug ya etc
Old 06-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

Personally I think it would look badass for the most part, though I agree with Goliath about chrome accents really standing out - it would make for a dynamic contrast. I also +1 the not tinting the headlights...get a removable cover so you can see at night and in bad weather.

Also, my advice is to keep it legal - otherwise you're going to spend a fair amount of time looking at red and blue lights in your mirrors.

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted.....