Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I hate to say it........

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:18 AM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I hate to say it........

Here's something to think about, hae you driven the 04 yet? The day I bought my 05 v6, the dealer called me to tell me about a 04 Saleen they had just gotten in, so I went in for a test drive.

The car itself looked like, well, a 04 saleen, nice stripe, body kit. Pretty nice, and 2 or 3 years ago, it made me drool. The car had 40k on the odometer, 40 thousand miles someone else had put on it, apparently really hard miles, because when I went to drive it, it rode like a stagecoach, and was loose as hell. Still, it had the v8 rumble, it would have been less $$ per month and within my original budget.

On the way back to the dealer, driving someone elses 40k old hot rod, i thought about what it would drive like in another 40k miles.

When we got to the dealer, I asked about the car I own now, she was also used, had 2k miles. I asked to drive her, and the salesguy actually was against it for a second, after some prodding.. we were off. NIGHT and day difference. The interior was spacious, the design of the dash, gauges and ergonomics were much better. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, the older mustangs are still nice cars, but I really think the newest body style hit the mark, brings out the connection between the driver and the car that the old muscle cars had. It's a modern car with an old soul.

That's why I have the v6, not the v8.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:22 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teacherman

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

But if an 04 GT is really what you want then go for it. You only live once!!!

Word yo LOL...yeah basically that. If it is THE car you have always wanted then go for it man...whatever makes you happy in life. ANd no one will think differently about you dude. You rock, and it's not like you are like "Hey guys, I have decided to buy a scion XB cause I want to be mad tight wif da ladies yo"

No worries man. However I will leave you with this. I too have wanted a GT for soooo long. If I had the choice between my current V6 and an 04 mustang, I would choose my V6. Just because I am in love with it. The look, the feel, the new turbonator I installed. It's the greatest car I ever owned hands down.

But do whatever makes you happy bro! THAT is what counts in life! Not Turbonators, or Scion XB's or Little House on the Prairie reruns.

Wow I think I had too much coffee
How do you like your turbonator? I bought 2 so now my car is a twin turbo, lol at those chumps who paid thousands for s/c and turbo kits...all about the turbonator man

Old 06-23-2006, 12:44 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Personally I would not own a Mustang post 1970 or pre 2005 unless it was strictly a track car built for one purpose:racing. The new platform is far superior to all previous platforms. But thats just me, do whatever makes YOU happy.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:50 AM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

its kind of up in the air right now but if it happens it wont be just for the rumble. Its alot of factors that would fall into it....i am not trying to dig myself a new hole
Old 06-23-2006, 12:52 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

I was kind of the same way when I first saw the 05/06 mustangs I was like "woa I would love to have a 2005 Mustang GT" because I loved that 8 cylinder rumble! Then I saw that I could get an 06 V6 with the pony grill that looks awesome so I went ahead and picked it. Before a started modding it and looking into parts I starting wanting a GT again because I had heard V8's go down the road with the awesome rumble and I started looking into engine swaps and like Paulnoy said, the idea kind of faded from my mind and I said "what the hell I'll mod the hell out of my V6 ) And I have faith that there is something magical in the mechanical world of muscle cars that you can get a darn near close to a V8 sound out of a V6 because I heard a Firebird that I swore on my life was a V8 because of how it sounded and then I came to see that it was a 3.5L V6 when I met the guy that owned it. He has and upgrade air intake, one Flowmaster Muffler w/ two pipes coming from it and high flow cats and it sounds amazing! I'm a big fan of just about any muscle car... mustangs being my favorite but it sounded great!

The '05 stang is great, not to mention the excelent crash test rating it got over the rescent modles! The only other stang I wouldn't mind owning one bit that's not an '05 or '06 is a 2003 Mach 1 because they're cool *** looking cars!... now that I think of it I really like the '04 Cobra's... and the '67 GT's, Shelby's and the 1979 Mach 1......

Anyways, the new stangs are awesome and you seem to have put a couple really pretty pennies into yours so I would deffinitly put some big thought into it!

Keep us posted man you know we always support your decisions!!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:14 AM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

I was kind of the same way when I first saw the 05/06 mustangs I was like "woa I would love to have a 2005 Mustang GT" because I loved that 8 cylinder rumble! Then I saw that I could get an 06 V6 with the pony grill that looks awesome so I went ahead and picked it. Before a started modding it and looking into parts I starting wanting a GT again because I had heard V8's go down the road with the awesome rumble and I started looking into engine swaps and like Paulnoy said, the idea kind of faded from my mind and I said "what the hell I'll mod the hell out of my V6 ) And I have faith that there is something magical in the mechanical world of muscle cars that you can get a darn near close to a V8 sound out of a V6 because I heard a Firebird that I swore on my life was a V8 because of how it sounded and then I came to see that it was a 3.5L V6 when I met the guy that owned it. He has and upgrade air intake, one Flowmaster Muffler w/ two pipes coming from it and high flow cats and it sounds amazing! I'm a big fan of just about any muscle car... mustangs being my favorite but it sounded great!

The '05 stang is great, not to mention the excelent crash test rating it got over the rescent modles! The only other stang I wouldn't mind owning one bit that's not an '05 or '06 is a 2003 Mach 1 because they're cool *** looking cars!... now that I think of it I really like the '04 Cobra's... and the '67 GT's, Shelby's and the 1979 Mach 1......

Anyways, the new stangs are awesome and you seem to have put a couple really pretty pennies into yours so I would deffinitly put some big thought into it!

Keep us posted man you know we always support your decisions!!
A mach is within my options...and just to let everyone know this would just be because i cant really handle things financially right now and i need a way out. So if say i got an 03-04 gt or mach. this doesnt mean that after i pay it off in like a few years that i wont be looking into a couple when they eventually price drop.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:31 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Well I guess that changes the matters if you're really struggling then that's even more of a reason to understand. Like everyone else said, we're not going to hate you! We're just going to eat your soul that's all

Just kidding!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

DO WHAT YOUR HEART TELLS YOU TO DO....i am just fcking around....I have to agree A STANG IS A STANG.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:39 AM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: RedAlertlb

As much as i love you guys and playing around with my six i might be leaving the family.... I am considering a 04 gt...mainly because my payments will be cheaper and i hae always wanted one. I just love the v8 rumble i hope i am not upsetting anyone. I just wanted to let everyone know and maybe someone will say something to change my mind.
[/quote

as long as you drive around with a smile go for it, a mustang is still in the mustang family so its all good
Old 06-23-2006, 01:44 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedAlertlb

A mach is within my options...and just to let everyone know this would just be because i cant really handle things financially right now and i need a way out. So if say i got an 03-04 gt or mach. this doesnt mean that after i pay it off in like a few years that i wont be looking into a couple when they eventually price drop.

Dude, you are awesome brother. And you do not need to feel bad or sorry about anything. I say that because it seems like you are truly bummed and you came here for some cheering up. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do man. And whatever makes you happy in life is always a good thing. I mean, that does not mean you should go out to a zoo and let all the animals run free. But you know what I mean. You are buying another mustang. And a GT at that. That is awesome. I must say, that looking at your current mustang you know how to make a beautiful car even better. So you get a trazillion respect points from me. But just because you have to get rid of your v6 for a car you can afford does not have any affect on my opinion about ya. I still know how cool you are and would buy a cold one for ya any day of the week. So stay cool, go watch some Dawsons Creek reruns and stay happy. Because after it's all said and done, your happiness is what counts man.

Quick Reply: I hate to say it........