Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rolling Down windows with key remote?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Rolling Down windows with key remote?

ROFL!! Sorry about that didnt mean to scare ya!
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

shadowhax..ur job sounds very similar to mine.. except i occasionally have to get up n shelve books.... but BORING!
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teacherman

Just tried it Justin and Toosober popped out of my trunk and kicked my ***. Thanks for NOTHING Justin
poorteacher man, you can just hold teh red button and a swarm of rabid ninja trolls will get revenge for you.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sarahfro0313

shadowhax..ur job sounds very similar to mine.. except i occasionally have to get up n shelve books.... but BORING!
i take roadside assitance calls for mazda and mini coopers and porsche, and hopefully soon ill get promoted >.<
Old 06-24-2006, 08:56 PM
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

lol SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!!

I work at a public library!

JOY!
Old 06-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

I just tried it and it doesn't work. My car was built in April of '05. If it was disabled at the factory, how do you enable it?
Old 06-25-2006, 01:17 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Ya thats what im talkin bout. I remember this post like a year ago, its come up several times. I was told by people on TMS that it was only with the upgraded factory alarm that it worked. My car was produced in 1/05 and it doesnt work on mine. If theres a way to enable it, id love to know. Becauses thatd be a good feature since its 115-120 in the summer here, and rollin down the windows for 2 minutes before i get into it would be a nice feature.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:29 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

It says its part of the Active Anti-Theft alarm package. If you have the base alarm (remote entry basically) i dont think its even there.

Quoted from information about the car
"Perimeter Anti-Theft Protection

Perimeter anti-theft sensors also detect the opening of the hood, doors or trunk when the anti-theft system is armed. If the vehicle is parked and the window rolled down, for example, the alarm is sounded if a would-be-thief tries to open the door to gain access to the car.

Global Window Open & Close

Another feature included with the active anti-theft system allows global opening and closing of the vehicle windows. This feature allows the windows to be opened using the remote transmitter or opened & closed by turning the key in the driver door key cylinder, making it easier to properly secure the vehicle.:"

Maybe this is the standard system on the car? Im not sure, someone please elaborate if possible

EDIT: when you go on ford's site to build a car, it shows the active antitheft as a $295 option.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:41 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

shadow, ur gonna get promoted?? will u be taking calls for BMW instead of mazda?

also... dont the 05's have "auto" window button, i just hit them both when i get in and the auto dus the rest.... the old bmw m3 used to have a function that when u locked the car with the remote the windows would go up, that would be sweet

Paul
Old 06-25-2006, 02:29 AM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

shadow, ur gonna get promoted?? will u be taking calls for BMW instead of mazda?

also... dont the 05's have "auto" window button, i just hit them both when i get in and the auto dus the rest.... the old bmw m3 used to have a function that when u locked the car with the remote the windows would go up, that would be sweet

Paul
no ill be an admin

Quick Reply: Rolling Down windows with key remote?