Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Perfomance Package

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 05:32 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Perfomance Package

ORIGINAL: NYCStang

ok thanks alot everyone for the quick replies..im glad i asked before i went out and got this...So is the JBA exhaust and headers a good product? And also would everyone agree that i should get the exhaust and headers then get the C&L CAI with the tuner and i will have better performance? Would that be a good way to spend my money for some speed and sound? Thanks again.
I have a JBA single and love it, and every other comment i've read fron JBA exhaust owners, both single and dual has been posative.

And I think every member here will agree for performance mods you should start out with a cai/tuner combo, exhaust and then headers, so yes thats a good way and the car will sound much more aggressive.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:35 PM
CMCs05pony
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jericho73

ok thanks alot everyone for the quick replies..im glad i asked before i went out and got this...So is the JBA exhaust and headers a good product? And also would everyone agree that i should get the exhaust and headers then get the C&L CAI with the tuner and i will have better performance? Would that be a good way to spend my money for some speed and sound? Thanks again.
I have a JBA single and love it, and every other comment i've read fron JBA exhaust owners, both single and dual has been posative.

And I think every member here will agree for performance mods you should start out with a cai/tuner combo, exhaust and then headers, so yes thats a good way and the car will sound much more aggressive.
if he's going with headers, wouldn't it be best for him to get the exhaust done before the CAI tune? If he gets a tune from someone like Doug or Lidio, don't they take into account things like headers when tweaking the canned tunes?? I could be wrong.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Yeah thats true.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Chrome is going to look like poo on headers after a few thousand miles. Save yourself the hassle and get some powder coated or ceramic coated headers. They will cost about the same maybe a bit less and look better over time.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:52 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CMCs05pony

if he's going with headers, wouldn't it be best for him to get the exhaust done before the CAI tune? If he gets a tune from someone like Doug or Lidio, don't they take into account things like headers when tweaking the canned tunes?? I could be wrong.
Yeah but they can e-mail you a tune for additional mods later. The best gains are from the cai/tuner and exhaust thats why i'd start there.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
CMCs05pony
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CMCs05pony

Yeah but they can e-mail you a tune for additional mods later. The best gains are from the cai/tuner and exhaust thats why i'd start there.
agreed, but do they charge for that?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:11 PM
NYCStang

and about getting the bumper cut...will the person who i get to install the exhaust be able to do that? Or is it worth it to buy the GT bumper? Or what about a different custom GT bumper, like the roush or something? Thanks
Old 06-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

I have the bumper cut right now but I will be bying a Gt bumper in the next two weeks or so. IMO the Gt bumper looks better with the dual exhaust cause the tips dont look so big with the Gt bumper. You can get any aftermarket bumper you want but the Gt bumper is the cheapest.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:31 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

and about getting the bumper cut...will the person who i get to install the exhaust be able to do that? Or is it worth it to buy the GT bumper? Or what about a different custom GT bumper, like the roush or something? Thanks
if you are still willing to pay 1800 for everything, i would say go for the rear bumper and maybe the front. it doesnt cost that much
Old 06-26-2006, 06:39 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

Some exhaust places will some won't. I think the cleanest look is to get a gt rear or street scene rear lip rather then cutting the bumper, but that's me I like the clean stock-type look.

With the Roush bumper you need to get the Roush exhaust .

Quick Reply: V6 Perfomance Package