Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

could you get more hp if....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 11:51 PM
KnotBand
I ♥ Acer

Default could you get more hp if....

you were to find a place that sold those huge *** blocks of ice that were used for "ice boxes" back in the day before refrigerated air, and an old ice box......then, you built a box before your intake that held a chunk of that ice, so as the air blew over the ice, you get an evaporative cooling effect on the air, making it cooler....then you installed a helical water seperator on the intake tubing with an automatic drain to get rid of the added moisture, so you would end up with really cold air, giving you real CAI.....

anyone think this would work???

oh yea, and is the tech. enough for you guys?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:16 AM
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: could you get more hp if....

most people buy an intercooler.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:25 AM
cejaay13
1st Gear Member

Intercooler is for Forced Induction. That is not what KnotBand is talking about.

I "think" that is a rediculous Idea. When would you use it? How would you make the extra room for it? Not worth the time, money or effort IMO. (Sorry if I came across like a jerk. )

ORIGINAL: powerProdigy

most people buy an intercooler.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:30 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default Florida Help with 4.0

Ok made my post in the wrong section lol my bad
Old 06-28-2006, 02:33 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Florida Help with 4.0

I love the idea of adding an ice box to the engine bay... I can finally keep my Frosty from melting on the way home from Wendy's!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:36 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

ROFL! Those things are good! Nice one hamid! LOL!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:36 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

theres a REALLY fast track car that was on Speed that they had to fill up with ice, it sounds a great idea BUT the floors of the plan is... making a ice block for everytime u wanna go out, and it would obviously melt fast from engine compartment heat.

Be awesome to see it dun tho. and yes denser cold air would produce more hp.

What about compressed air from a divers co2 tank???? it would be like n20 the way it injects and u could have it set to give what ever psi u want!

Paul
Old 06-28-2006, 02:41 AM
enzedchris
2nd Gear Member

i know people that put bags of ice on top of their manifolds or superchargers before a race if that's what you mean?
by principal it should work, but only for a short time, and I dont think you would get much help out of it.
I know a few people that are injecting a mix of ethanol and water into their supercharged 03 cobras and getting back some goood results.
i dont see why this wouldn't work on other cars, cools down the intake tract and boosts with alcohol at sime time, great idea
Old 06-28-2006, 02:47 AM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

Way back in the day, I remember folks taking fuel line, and coiling it in a coffee can, and putting ice in there, it would make the gas REALLY cold before it went to the carb. They called it a cool can. <shrug> Dont know if it would make a difference tho.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:49 AM
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

I know there is one place that sells a tear shaped bulb you can afix to ure intake pipe, then run CO2 or nos through it to cool it. If you have fabrication knowlage you can probly make a better one from a coil of s.s. brake line a couple feet of flex line and a 12gram Co2 tire inflater.

Quick Reply: could you get more hp if....