Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Nos or Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 05:21 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Nos or Supercharger

ORIGINAL: Goliath

just to let you know of your faux pas, NOS is Nitrous Oxide Systems, it is a manufacturer/brand similar to Kleenex or Oreo or anything. So saying Zex Nos system isn't necessarily a double something or another. and plus always talking about "Nawz" makes you sound like someone who saw fast and furious and thought it was neat.
What he is saying, he does not wan't you to sound like a ricer.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:30 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

martin (beaustang) is the only one to ride in my ride so far and he likes it. i tried to get some guys to meet at irwindale speedway tonight and id let them sit passenger but i had no takers. i will say that doug is installing a hp kit next week and will be tweeking it. so all you numbers crunchers will finally have some good numbers. and BTW this is not another small change it is a kick in the pants!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:45 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

FYI gang: Most folks call nitrous NOS, because the NOS brand was for many years the only supplier of nitrous oxide kits.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

and many of those people sound like those above referenced people who saw F&F and thought it was neat FYI.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bluhawkshockey31

well...from the link u gave me...bang for the buck seems to point at the X-charger...u said early 2006 avalability? Does that mean its out or no? Also if i install a supercharger...will there be a deff. dramatic difference...or will it just be another small change? Not trying to sound stupid..but im new to all of this so im just wondering.
I think my price estimates are high actually. I think you can order it now for like $3200. It should be a pretty dramatic difference.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:37 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

you shouldnt waste your time with nitrous. it seem like everybody who has had nitrous is now just getting a supercharger so save some $$ and skip the nitrous stage. lol
Old 06-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: onefastv6

you shouldnt waste your time with nitrous. it seem like everybody who has had nitrous is now just getting a supercharger so save some $$ and skip the nitrous stage. lol
Agreed!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:09 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I can't fully speak on this (cause mine is not installed yet) but get a blower or turbo. I wanted power at the foot all the time not in a bottle where I can really only have fun with it on the track. A blower is (I would imagine) fun on the track and off. Besides it would just tease/kill me to much to pull like 260ish at the wheels with the press of a button and not have that normally at the foot. I would want it at the foot as soon as I felt the nitrous LOL wouldn't want to fill up eather.

But do you man thats what its all about.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:13 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

ORIGINAL: onefastv6

Agreed!

I know I watched every one with there Nitrous too and said to my self "Why Nitrous? Im just gunna get SC or Turbo and have it all the time. I was thinking that way before I even had the car!!! LOL Then there ya go all it takes is Screamin and Rygen (the Zex men) to convince everybody LOL I knew everyone was gunna be blown out sooner or later, Nitrous would be a tease ( from what I can Imagine) Unless its added to a poweradder LOL
Old 06-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net
I know I watched every one with there Nitrous too and said to my self "Why Nitrous? Im just gunna get SC or Turbo and have it all the time. I was thinking that way before I even had the car!!! LOL Then there ya go all it takes is Screamin and Rygen (the Zex men) to convince everybody LOL I knew everyone was gunna be blown out sooner or later, Nitrous would be a tease ( from what I can Imagine) Unless its added to a poweradder LOL
I got nitrous back when there was really nothing else out there. I got a remote opener with the idea that i would open up a can 'o whoopass every now and then on the street. I have yet to do that. I only use the nitrous at the track.

Quick Reply: Nos or Supercharger