Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best tuner can now be determined

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 01:21 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default Best tuner can now be determined

Wow... we've been having all these disussions about who the best tuner is, and all this time it would have be incredibly easy to figure all this out. In another thread, Knotband has determined that the work an engine is doing is described by the equation

Work = (mass flow of air) * (thermal capcity of air) (change in temperature of the air)

You can find this in the following thread
https://mustangforums.com/m_1564664/tm.htm

Now, he appears to be a really sharp mechanical engineer, so this must be right. So, all we have to do it measure the air temperature into our engine, and the air temperature out of our engine, and we will know whose tune is best. So..

1. Anybody have any ideas how to measure the temperature?
2. Anybody know where you measure the exit air temperature?

We could get a bunch of people who use different tuners to post their "air temperature rise" number, and track which tuner gets the largest temperature rise. Then, we could produce plots of "air temperature rise" vs. RPM and use these instead of dyno sheets.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-30-2006, 01:33 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Best tuner can now be determined

i think you have lost it.
why dont you just use a dyno?
surprise LOL jk
Old 06-30-2006, 01:40 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Well.. I always thought analyzing an engine would be a complex thermodynamic analysis. Now, we see it's seems really easy.

Plus, we can't get everybody together to use the same dyno, but if we all use the same "air temperature rise" technique, we can compare results.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:43 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

problem is we all use different exhausts and headers and other things like cai that all make the heat disperese differently.
it sounds like sumthing for the mythbusters

Paul
Old 06-30-2006, 01:52 AM
KnotBand
I ♥ Acer

hahahahahahahaha......wow, you are a tool!!

Thank you for proving to me that you have no idea what you are talking about.......and I mainly know that because you did not understand one post I made in that thread.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

Wow... we've been having all these disussions about who the best tuner is, and all this time it would have be incredibly easy to figure all this out. In another thread, Knotband has determined that the work an engine is doing is described by the equation

Work = (mass flow of air) * (thermal capcity of air) (change in temperature of the air)

Now, he appears to be a really sharp mechanical engineer, so this must be right. So, all we have to do it measure the air temperature into our engine, and the air temperature out of our engine, and we will know whose tune is best. So..

We could get a bunch of people who use different tuners to post their "air temperature rise" number, and track which tuner gets the largest temperature rise. Then, we could produce plots of "air temperature rise" vs. RPM and use these instead of dyno sheets.

What do you guys think?

I think your a complete Dickface...why do you have to be a complete bitch on these forums? all you do is poke fun at other people...just ****ing die and leave these forums
Old 06-30-2006, 02:06 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

shows what an idiot i am LOL, i thougth he was being serious and i was trying to be nice and make a mends for telling him i never liked him. but that still stands now i relise ur making fun of someone.

Paul
Old 06-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

come on man I know some people don't like the guy but he was not being an ***.

But I do think the best CAI/TUner sht is getting way old. Fck by the time you figure this sht out another one will come out that will be the BEST. Give up. Your dragging this too far.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:55 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KnotBand

hahahahahahahaha......wow, you are a tool!!

Thank you for proving to me that you have no idea what you are talking about.......and I mainly know that because you did not understand one post I made in that thread.
You're darn right I didn't understand anything you said, just like if a retard tried to explain engine thermo to me, I wouldn't understand them. Still waiting for those two answers..
Old 06-30-2006, 02:56 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

ORIGINAL: LX200

What do you guys think?

I think your a complete Dickface...why do you have to be a complete bitch on these forums? all you do is poke fun at other people...just ****ing die and leave these forums
Ya, go ahead and eat the peanuts out of my sh*t.

Quick Reply: Best tuner can now be determined