Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Info-research on X Charger

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 09:00 PM
v6stanggoddess
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Info-research on X Charger

Good answer. It will also prevent me from thinking about one for the next 6 years lol Oh well. I more into the appearance mods anyway
Old 07-01-2006, 09:38 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I'll hit 12's on this setup just wait, I've only begun.

I agree with a little tuning at the track and/or a real good launch 12's will/should be there.

Nice sig.
Thanks man, made it a few days ago. Took awhile to get it right.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:39 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6stanggoddess

Good answer. It will also prevent me from thinking about one for the next 6 years lol Oh well. I more into the appearance mods anyway
Just get a CAI/xcal from a good tuner and you will be amazed that its the same car you bought.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:49 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

personaly if u can run in the 13's with the xcharger and rygen couldnt get into the 12's (yet) i think for the money and safety the x charger sounds great, but i think EVERYONE needs to see sum more numbers... all info is very sketchy right now... they need to start selling the idea of having one to us before the item comes on sale.. or it could be a huge FLOP.

Paul
Afixer ran 8.95 in the 1/8 so poss. high 13's 1/4 so with an T-lok & gears should be somewhere in the solid 13's not including other tweaks. The X Charger is not for everyone some will want the Turbo some a centi supercharger and some the X Charger depending on what they want so there is something for eveyone.
dont forget the xcharger will run out of steam in the long run, because it builds all its power down low mostly. The turbo is more for high (even though full boost is at 3k)

Fazm just for the record I wasn't comparing the X Charger to the Powerhouse turbo I just seen a lot of questions and statements (?) in other threads lately on the X charger I had to respond to even though I tried not to . The Powerhouse turbo is hands down the best system out with out a doubt to go fast and at only 8.5psi running a ET of 13.08.

Yes I agree we have to see a real world 1/4 ET for the X Charger but if you look at the dyno graph it runs close to a GT all the way up the RPM range so it shouldn't run out. Doug from Bama who did the tuning also feels poss 13's is there. Also you even predicted 13's you said mid 13's on the X Charger on Afixers car awhile ago after afixers 1/8 ET.
oh i know u werent comparing, im just sayin the 1/8th is going to be misleading on the xcharger. at 7psi its probably going to be a high 13 second car with the right setup. Mid 13s is probably the best it will see on that low of boost. now 9psi... maybe maybe low 13s, but probably never a 12 sec car.

I love the looks of the xcharger, i just could never see myself spending 3200 (or whatever it is) plus the cost of an sct2 (they said it was not included) for 260rwhp. Im only like 45 away from that now anyway.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:30 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

anyone know what kinda gains you can expect from a vortech tuner kit without the intercooler??? Better or worse than an x-charger? and which is the better bang for the buck if your lookin at 2,770 for the vortech and 3,200 for the x-charger..both still needing a tune?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:30 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

anyone know what kinda gains you can expect from a vortech tuner kit without the intercooler??? Better or worse than an x-charger? and which is the better bang for the buck if your lookin at 2,770 for the vortech and 3,200 for the x-charger..both still needing a tune?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:31 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

ok 2 times?????
Old 07-02-2006, 12:54 AM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

personaly if u can run in the 13's with the xcharger and rygen couldnt get into the 12's (yet) i think for the money and safety the x charger sounds great, but i think EVERYONE needs to see sum more numbers... all info is very sketchy right now... they need to start selling the idea of having one to us before the item comes on sale.. or it could be a huge FLOP.

Paul
Afixer ran 8.95 in the 1/8 so poss. high 13's 1/4 so with an T-lok & gears should be somewhere in the solid 13's not including other tweaks. The X Charger is not for everyone some will want the Turbo some a centi supercharger and some the X Charger depending on what they want so there is something for eveyone.
dont forget the xcharger will run out of steam in the long run, because it builds all its power down low mostly. The turbo is more for high (even though full boost is at 3k)

Fazm just for the record I wasn't comparing the X Charger to the Powerhouse turbo I just seen a lot of questions and statements (?) in other threads lately on the X charger I had to respond to even though I tried not to . The Powerhouse turbo is hands down the best system out with out a doubt to go fast and at only 8.5psi running a ET of 13.08.

Yes I agree we have to see a real world 1/4 ET for the X Charger but if you look at the dyno graph it runs close to a GT all the way up the RPM range so it shouldn't run out. Doug from Bama who did the tuning also feels poss 13's is there. Also you even predicted 13's you said mid 13's on the X Charger on Afixers car awhile ago after afixers 1/8 ET.
oh i know u werent comparing, im just sayin the 1/8th is going to be misleading on the xcharger. at 7psi its probably going to be a high 13 second car with the right setup. Mid 13s is probably the best it will see on that low of boost. now 9psi... maybe maybe low 13s, but probably never a 12 sec car.

I love the looks of the xcharger, i just could never see myself spending 3200 (or whatever it is) plus the cost of an sct2 (they said it was not included) for 260rwhp. Im only like 45 away from that now anyway.
I wanna know what you did to get that kind of gain and is it to the wheel. You can send me a PM if you don't want to give your secret away
Old 07-02-2006, 12:54 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bluhawkshockey31

I believe Doug has said that the X-charger will make very similar gains to the non-intercooled versions of the Procharger and Vortech.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:05 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

well in that case im likein the look of the x-charger...i jus think it looks sweeter..

Quick Reply: Info-research on X Charger