Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Info-research on X Charger

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 01:15 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Info-research on X Charger

yah and it offers mas boost in the low rmp area, thats EXACTLY where the 4.0 needs it, below 3k its a pig. im settleing my mind on x charger, IF it EVER comes out!

Now all i need if to see sum numbers!!! where are they? do they want to sell this product or what?!

Paul
Old 07-02-2006, 01:15 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333
I wanna know what you did to get that kind of gain and is it to the wheel. You can send me a PM if you don't want to give your secret away
212.5rwhp with az pump 91 chevron gas (POS). Thats with the 3.73s and truetrac rear end (id guess 215 or 216rwhp with a stock rear end). No secrets, just lots of boltons (only one i didnt have was dual exhaust, which i have now).
Old 07-02-2006, 01:25 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

yeah, im glad they want to get all the kinks worked out for the x-charger, but i mean is this something that may just flop and never become a real thing? Or is it really gonna come out??? I mean explorer express doesnt even show it as an upcoming thing, so im wondering if were all waiting on nothing?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:28 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

to put things in perspective (i know 14.5 is good for us, but i want better), im about 1 of 2 v6 mustangs in our local 05 club here (and only one that races). Most of the gts, with gears, intake, exhaust, tune, etc are running 13.6 (quickest of them ive seen) to 15.0. Our conditions here are far from perfect. The guy that tuned my car owns a 2005 mustang GT auto with cutouts and a tune. I lined up against him at the track (per his request) and took him by .13 in a 100% heads up race. Iwould love to get my car to a track that is in good conditions. I think this car has 14.3s or 14.2s in her with the right conditions, and a tune for the track (i run my street tune at the track, im sure i could squeeze even more with a track only tune). MM49 ran a 14.3 with a custom track tune that he made. He has access to a dyno, and hes an SCT tuner. I dont like the idea of leaning out the car and turning off the knock sensors and running racing fuel, but to each his own lol.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:28 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Afixer has 1, so its defenatly in the works and can me made to work on the 4.0, something is taking alot of time to work out tho.

maybe there trying to make it more cost affective for them to make or sumthing.

Paul
Old 07-02-2006, 03:46 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: fazm
oh i know u werent comparing, im just sayin the 1/8th is going to be misleading on the xcharger. at 7psi its probably going to be a high 13 second car with the right setup. Mid 13s is probably the best it will see on that low of boost. now 9psi... maybe maybe low 13s, but probably never a 12 sec car.

I love the looks of the xcharger, i just could never see myself spending 3200 (or whatever it is) plus the cost of an sct2 (they said it was not included) for 260rwhp. Im only like 45 away from that now anyway.
Wasn't Afixer's car basically stock when they put the X-Charger on? So realistically, you'd be over 260 because you are starting with at least 30hp more than stock.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:54 AM
TheBest159
1st Gear Member

Is the x-charger the only super/turbo carger that is CA smog legal?
Old 07-02-2006, 09:06 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

ORIGINAL: fazm
oh i know u werent comparing, im just sayin the 1/8th is going to be misleading on the xcharger. at 7psi its probably going to be a high 13 second car with the right setup. Mid 13s is probably the best it will see on that low of boost. now 9psi... maybe maybe low 13s, but probably never a 12 sec car.

I love the looks of the xcharger, i just could never see myself spending 3200 (or whatever it is) plus the cost of an sct2 (they said it was not included) for 260rwhp. Im only like 45 away from that now anyway.
Wasn't Afixer's car basically stock when they put the X-Charger on? So realistically, you'd be over 260 because you are starting with at least 30hp more than stock.

Afixer does have GT takes offs which is good for 10RWHP... and since you really can't reuse your CAI... i would say you have to cut that 30HP down a bit...
Old 07-02-2006, 10:37 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

actually you can use your CAI if you have one. since my car will be for the carb cert we opted to keep the stock air box. when we were in napa we tried a few CAI's with minimal gain. i am sure doug will try them again with the install he is doing this week. he will have much more time on a dyno than he had with my car. remember i had to leave so his tune section was cut short. i am sure he will find more hr for you power mongers.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: scrming
Afixer does have GT takes offs which is good for 10RWHP... and since you really can't reuse your CAI... i would say you have to cut that 30HP down a bit...
Fazm also has the MRT muffler which you claim is good for another 10rwhp. Plus he has JBA headers. And the alternator pulley. And like Afixer says, you can reuse your CAI. So Fazm would probably be in the 275-280rwhp range.

Quick Reply: Info-research on X Charger