Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Mustang Plenty Loud

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 06:18 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Mustang Plenty Loud

ORIGINAL: goxley11
+1

I would stick with the single. That way you won't have to cut your heart out when you cut the rear valance. I put my JBA single on last Monday, took it on an interstate trip of about 300 miles yesterday. It sounds sweeter every day as I break it in.
[sm=happybounce.gif]It's not that big of a deal to cut the valance!
Old 07-02-2006, 07:03 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

our car sounds really nice stock but definately not LOUD. ive listened to scrmings dyno vid on his site and the mrt sounds sweet.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:26 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

IMO a mustang isnt a mustang without duals... if they still came with 4 bangers, and i boughtone, i would put duals on.. its not a perf issue , its a cosmetic one..
Old 07-03-2006, 03:56 AM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

jeez man if you think the stock is loud throw an mrt on there
you will prob **** youself
Old 07-03-2006, 04:14 AM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

IMO a mustang isnt a mustang without duals... if they still came with 4 bangers, and i boughtone, i would put duals on.. its not a perf issue , its a cosmetic one..
Exactly how i feel about the duals.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:40 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

I added my IMCO single exhaust upgrade for the louder vroom =] Not for the horsepower...there isn't much of a difference there. Like 5 more lol
Old 07-03-2006, 11:22 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

I stuck with a single exhaust. Performance wise, duals really dont make a difference--they are more for appearance. I ordered the Ford Racing/Borla Exhaust; however, a lot of people on here seem to be happy with their MRT's. Basically, use the stickies to help you determine which exhaust you like the best. I'll let you know how my exhaust works out for me when I get it in a few days .
Old 07-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

I added my IMCO single exhaust upgrade for the louder vroom =] Not for the horsepower...there isn't much of a difference there. Like 5 more lol
I had a bad experience with imco the muffler after like 300 miles on it a baffle broke then burnt a hole straight through the muffler....[sm=rant.gif]
Old 07-04-2006, 04:46 AM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

ORIGINAL: hataap

I stuck with a single exhaust. Performance wise, duals really dont make a difference--they are more for appearance. I ordered the Ford Racing/Borla Exhaust; however, a lot of people on here seem to be happy with their MRT's. Basically, use the stickies to help you determine which exhaust you like the best. I'll let you know how my exhaust works out for me when I get it in a few days .
So why pray tell does Ford put duals on the GT? Or Chevy for the Vette? Or any number of performance cars.

I understand the argument that a V6 doesn't need duals. I'm assuming at this point that scrming is running a single exhaust with his Vortec. If he put on duals I'd be willing to bet that there would more than a 2 HP gain.

MY first Dyno with Stock exhaust unfortunately was done with STD not SAE readings. The HP in STD was 193, I was told that was more like 177 SAE, ok. Then when I dyno'd again after the duals I got 197 SAE, so I got 20 HP from exhaust on a motor with no other mods except for a Diablo tune.

I'm not going to go into all the formulas for how to figure out cross section of a pipe and it correlates to flow, if memory serves me right a single 3 inch pipe will flow as much air as two 2 and half inch pipes.

At some point in the HP ratings game you will need duals to reach maximum potential flow for a 4 liter engine.

That said, unless you plan on getting real serious, like adding a power adder, better flowing heads and bigger cams you won't NEED duals.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:53 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ranebowcyxx

ORIGINAL: hataap

So why pray tell does Ford put duals on the GT? Or Chevy for the Vette? Or any number of performance cars.

I understand the argument that a V6 doesn't need duals. I'm assuming at this point that scrming is running a single exhaust with his Vortec. If he put on duals I'd be willing to bet that there would more than a 2 HP gain.

MY first Dyno with Stock exhaust unfortunately was done with STD not SAE readings. The HP in STD was 193, I was told that was more like 177 SAE, ok. Then when I dyno'd again after the duals I got 197 SAE, so I got 20 HP from exhaust on a motor with no other mods except for a Diablo tune.

I'm not going to go into all the formulas for how to figure out cross section of a pipe and it correlates to flow, if memory serves me right a single 3 inch pipe will flow as much air as two 2 and half inch pipes.

At some point in the HP ratings game you will need duals to reach maximum potential flow for a 4 liter engine.

That said, unless you plan on getting real serious, like adding a power adder, better flowing heads and bigger cams you won't NEED duals.
what can i say, im a newb.

Quick Reply: V6 Mustang Plenty Loud