Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Ouch !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:16 PM
05 Silvertible
2nd Gear Member

Default First Ouch !!

OK I've been trgrying not to whine but my wife took my car to go to my stepsons Navy graduation in Chicago. So I have been out of a cool ride for almost 5 days...now the real bad part. She calls this AM and I can tell she is in a bad mood. Finally she tells me that someone dinged the front fender. She says its bad enough that she knows I will want it fixed. I have had paintless repair done on doors before but is it possible to do paintless repair on a fender of our 2005 - 2006 Ford Mustang 4.0's?? Does adding that mean this post can stay here and not be moved? ?? Just trying some humor to keep from crying or breaking something.
I know useless without pics but the car is in Chicago for 12 more hours then 10 hours roadtime before I can get a look at her. At least I remembered to ask if she (my wife) was OK.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:18 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: First Ouch !!

I had paintless dent repair done on my car with success. You should be fine, though you will probably be $125 dollars lighter.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:18 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

i suspect it will be move within a few hours just like everything else............
Old 07-02-2006, 02:23 PM
05 Silvertible
2nd Gear Member

I have had my doors done on another car withgood results...anyone had a fender done before ??
Old 07-02-2006, 05:15 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

even if u have to replace, the front fender is an easy peice to get off, the rear fender is a bitch as it goes all over the doors and down the front window

i MIGHT be able to get u one painted... which side is it?? ill find out

Paul
Old 07-02-2006, 05:27 PM
05 Silvertible
2nd Gear Member

Drivers side...God I hope its not that bad, if it is though I will let u know
Old 07-02-2006, 07:23 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

i got mine fixed and you can kind of see it but its not horrible or anything. hope that is comforting LOL
Old 07-02-2006, 08:58 PM
05 Silvertible
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, I know I am bitchin over a fender when there have been post about wrecks and even fatalities...once the original rush was over I put everythinginto perspective Sorry just needed to vent I guess
Old 07-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

Sorry about your ride, man. Same thing just happened to me, I just let my girlfriend drive it around town once and we stopped at a convenience store to get a lighter to shoot off some fireworks. She parked too close to a church van, I told her she was too close and she said she wouldn't get out. I went in to get the lighter and when I come out they were inspecting the nick in the paint. It is about half the size of a dime, on the driver fender. I was lucky though because their insurance is gonna pay to get my car fixed. I was thinking of puting a 4.0 badge there anyway, maybe I will just buy one to cover it up and use the insurance money to buy a stripe kit.

Maybe it won't be too bad, but if you are like me any little scratch just drives me crazy, lol.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:07 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

i guess im now crazy 5 times over[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=headbang.gif]im crazy to the point im having conversations with my self[sm=icon_blah.gif]

ORIGINAL: Action_Jackson

Sorry about your ride, man. Same thing just happened to me, I just let my girlfriend drive it around town once and we stopped at a convenience store to get a lighter to shoot off some fireworks. She parked too close to a church van, I told her she was too close and she said she wouldn't get out. I went in to get the lighter and when I come out they were inspecting the nick in the paint. It is about half the size of a dime, on the driver fender. I was lucky though because their insurance is gonna pay to get my car fixed. I was thinking of puting a 4.0 badge there anyway, maybe I will just buy one to cover it up and use the insurance money to buy a stripe kit.

Maybe it won't be too bad, but if you are like me any little scratch just drives me crazy, lol.

Quick Reply: First Ouch !!