Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MYCOLOR ADD-ON

Old 07-04-2006, 02:12 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MYCOLOR ADD-ON

so order the cluster and the switch you will have to give them your mileage it comes from the factory with the mileage already programed. so here is what i did. i already installed the switch and removed the cover ( just lower your stering wheel and grab the two large crome sections of the cover and pull it comes right out. set it on the back seat. make the apt so they cal do it while you wait. depending on the dealership the will either use the WDS unit or if they have upgraded they just use a laptop . they will downloade the cluster info , swap the cluster then upload the info put the cover back on and thats it. it took up like 15 min to do this.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:33 AM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

+1!

ORIGINAL: afixer

so order the cluster and the switch you will have to give them your mileage it comes from the factory with the mileage already programed. so here is what i did. i already installed the switch and removed the cover ( just lower your stering wheel and grab the two large crome sections of the cover and pull it comes right out. set it on the back seat. make the apt so they cal do it while you wait. depending on the dealership the will either use the WDS unit or if they have upgraded they just use a laptop . they will downloade the cluster info , swap the cluster then upload the info put the cover back on and thats it. it took up like 15 min to do this.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:14 AM
stupidassdrummer
1st Gear Member

how much does the new cluster cost? n is it a free labor upgrade or do we have 2 pay cuz afixer said it takes all of like 15mins.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:20 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

this is one guy that in the early days has sold the cluster and switch to people. we also have a few ford parts guys now on the forums and they have sold a few i think. the cluster is arounf 220 bucks and the switch is around 35 but that was a year ago. call this guy his name is ed olsen or someone else chime in i think the other guy is cleviners or something. anyway guys have been charged anywere from 75 to 150 bucks. it all depends on the shop and if they have done one before. thats why i recomend installing the switch and removing the bezel prior to going to the dealer and making an appt so your in and out. alittle prep will go along way to saving you some time and money at the dealer. if your in so cal my guy can prob do it and it should be the lower price.
they are in carson CA. it is a great upgrade the color isnt the only thing remember you get amp and oil gauges now they arent the best but at least they are there its the message center that i like . door ajar, check this and that, miles to E, miles traveled, min driven and some more. good luck with it and happy 4th of july i wont be around much today i setup the long beach fireworks show at vets stadium. just figured id check in before i go. if you have any more questions email me i may come home for lunch.
http://y2kford.com/default.aspx?html=parts.html
Old 07-04-2006, 11:57 AM
jude69
1st Gear Member

This is a feature that I wished my car had. I wonder if the dealerships in my area can do this. I may have to check on this, since this thread started. Not only would I like the My color feature, but the message center would be nice too.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:18 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I'm looking at getting mine from Ed. I'm still trying to find a dealer. So far I've found only one in my area and they want $135 to do the swap.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Thanks to Afixer and Y2K Ford I have upgraded my cluster about 3 months ago. I did not have to reflash my program after they were done. Everything works great!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

i wanted one too , but i dont see the fun in it anymore, i loved the custom colored gauges, but somone here said when the lights are on it goes back to that lame ford green gauge color.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shadowhax

i wanted one too , but i dont see the fun in it anymore, i loved the custom colored gauges, but somone here said when the lights are on it goes back to that lame ford green gauge color.
Nope that doesn't happen. It stays the color you set it to. When the lights are off they glow white. I mainly got it for the extra gauges and the info center. The mpg mode is totally accurate! You don't have to figure out gas mileage manully anymore.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

You sure?????? O_O im buying one NOW then like 5 seconds ago now.
ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

ORIGINAL: Shadowhax

Nope that doesn't happen. It stays the color you set it to. When the lights are off they glow white. I mainly got it for the extra gauges and the info center. The mpg mode is totally accurate! You don't have to figure out gas mileage manully anymore.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MYCOLOR ADD-ON