Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MYCOLOR ADD-ON

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 03:33 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MYCOLOR ADD-ON

yep mine is set to yellow
Old 07-05-2006, 03:34 AM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

yep mine is set to yellow
Thats what i wanted to do, but damn i didnt get the gauges because i swore i heard somone say they turned green when the lights where on.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

I say you should save your money and not do this upgrade. I bought my car with this and i rarely use it. But hey its up to you. I am just putting my 2 cent in.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:24 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

thats true i dont think i have changed my color in over 8 months but i like it for the message center stuff
Old 07-05-2006, 03:38 PM
snogoldi
1st Gear Member

THE MAN SAID HE JUST WANTED IT FOR THE GAUGES. BUT ITS TRUE. I PLAYED AROUND WITH THE MYCOLOR FOR AWHILE AND NOW ITS SET TO MEDIUM BLUE. THE DAYTIME WHITE BACK LIGHT IS NOT BRIGHT ENOUGH FOR ME. BUT I DO LIKE THE MESSAGE CENTER. I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE INCLUDED A TEMPERATURE READING IN THE MIX. BUT IN PHOENIX IN JULY YOU FIGURE IT'S 110 DEGREE'S ALL THE TIME ANYWAY.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:46 PM
enog
1st Gear Member

damn, on my way to work and I have to see this post. no time to do any research. who do I need to contact to buy this?
Old 07-05-2006, 06:53 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

why not. a few minutes wont hurt.
i dont have traction control either. and i like not having it. one less button to push
i really like the my color option though. how much will it cost?
Old 07-05-2006, 06:56 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

I'm really on the fence on this one. I talked to five dealers today. Two wouldn't do it all. One said wait til next week and talk to the service manager, one wanted $140 and the other wated $170 for install. It's depressing. I would get alot of use out of this feature because I drive to work in the dark no matter what the season and in the winter I drive home in the dark. The message center and two extra gauges are a big plus but the install pricess I've found so far suck. I still have more dealers to call. Maybe I'll get lucky.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:57 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

about $219 for the cluster and about $40 for the button. Install varies.
ORIGINAL: onefastv6

why not. a few minutes wont hurt.
i dont have traction control either. and i like not having it. one less button to push
i really like the my color option though. how much will it cost?
Old 07-05-2006, 07:00 PM
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

I hate to say this, but the $200 you are saying this will cost is IMO not worth it. My car came with the MyColor dash, and it was great the first few days. But it's the type of thing that gets really boring, really fast. Although it claims 125 colors, they are mostly the same color, just different shades. Many of them are not even noticably different. I'm not sure what the stock dash looks like without the MyColor kit, but i can tell you, i stuck mine on red....and left it. Will probably never touch it again. If you are making a pure-show car it may be worth the money, as it is a nice little add on, thats not seen normally. but if it was me, i'd save the money towards something else. I do have to say, some of the colors are really great to compliment the exterior color of your car. Especially the blue and green, but otherwise, eh.

Quick Reply: MYCOLOR ADD-ON