Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Afternoon yall, New owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Zeebu

Default Afternoon yall, New owner

I bought my first mustang about a month ago and now im toying with the idea of adding a couple things to boost performance a little. I've been looking around on the site for a couple days. Nice cars =) I just got a black 06 with pony package and the mycolor interior package (set to blue at the moment). So, to boost performance a bit. I wouldnt mind spending around 1200 or so to add a bit too it, but i dont know what. I dont have the time/utiloities/experience to do alot of the more difficult things myself.

Any suggestions?

from what i can tell a cold air intake is a good idea a tuner and an axleback exhaust of some kind?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2006, 04:34 PM
snogoldi
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Afternoon yall, New owner

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
NEED SOME PICTURES

ORIGINAL: Zeebu

I bought my first mustang about a month ago and now im toying with the idea of adding a couple things to boost performance a little. I've been looking around on the site for a couple days. Nice cars =) I just got a black 06 with pony package and the mycolor interior package (set to blue at the moment). So, to boost performance a bit. I wouldnt mind spending around 1200 or so to add a bit too it, but i dont know what. I dont have the time/utiloities/experience to do alot of the more difficult things myself.

Any suggestions?

from what i can tell a cold air intake is a good idea a tuner and an axleback exhaust of some kind?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2006, 04:38 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

+1 Welcome and

WE NEED PICTURES
Old 07-06-2006, 05:54 PM
lureynol
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the brotherhood.

NOW GIVE US PICTURES!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:58 PM
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

id say for a budget near 1200 intake/tune/exhaust is a pretty good idea, and its always a great way to start with a car.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:40 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

I paid $580 for XCal 2 and C&L CAI and another $225 for muffler. You can get this done for way less than $1200. And the results will kick major butt. Go for a 93 octane tune. Right now, 93 octane is only about 7% more expensive than 87, and you will probably get 7% better gas mileage. And, when you want the power, the 93 rocks.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:01 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

a lotta people like to start with exhaust, intake and a tune. with 1200, you will be off to a great start. best of luck with your mods and welcome to the sixer family.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:15 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

LX200 said it best.

1. XCal 2 and C&L CAI for about $525
2. Visit the Exhaust thread and liten for the tone you want. You will not get that much noticable gains from a dual exhaust unless you pay more for it and get an H pipe. I would just buy a single MRT Axle back or a Flowmaster 40 and pocket the other 400 bucks to buy something else.

Link: Exhaust link
3. Front strut tower bar. This option will help reduce the roll in the car. Look at MossMustang.com
as they have a good size catalog of different manufactures.

4. Have fun. I am sorry you got the itch and good luck. The only requirement I like to see is PICS!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:42 PM
FearMyMatrix
1st Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

after you spend your $1200 or so on your car I don't believe you will wanna stop

modding is addictive so since you havent started yet you need to practice this phrase "It's only money" [sm=badbadbad.gif]

welcome to the forums.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:13 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. These guys have given you good advice. Keep us posted on your steed.

Quick Reply: Afternoon yall, New owner