Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My vision...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

Default My vision...

Looking far down the road of mods, here's what I see myself doing. The first shot is what I have now...

...and below is a Photoshop job that shows what my car would look like with side window louvers, white stripes, and a rear honeycomb panel. I like the look of white stripes on a silver car. It doesn't come across as "too loud", but it sure looks sharp. Anyway, your opinions are appreciated. Is there anything else I could add that might compliment this setup?

And here's a helpful tool I used from www.spectrummarcom.com:

Ken
Old 07-07-2006, 12:41 AM
FearMyMatrix
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My vision...

looks good, and the white on silver is a good idea and I've yet to see it around here or on one of our cars. Go with it man!
Old 07-07-2006, 12:43 AM
waiting4thefunds
I ♥ Acer

drop it.....
Old 07-07-2006, 12:45 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Looks good, maybe black tail light bezels to go with the honeycomb panel. Like so:
Old 07-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

Here is my inspiration:

Although this might actually be Tungsten Gray, not silver (hard to tell). I'm not sure of what my timeline will be. This could happen in a few months, or five years. I also plan to put in some sort of intake kit, dual exhaust, and install 3.73's.

[EDIT]
I think the black tail light bezels would look fantastic with the honeycomb panel. I'd like to drop the car one day, but what sort of cash is involved to do a quality job? Do-it-yourselfer?

Ken
Old 07-07-2006, 12:53 AM
CMCs05pony
2nd Gear Member

I think your vision looks AWESOME! I like the white on silver a lot, it's the reverse of mine.

Maybe painted-to-match rockers? I agree about lowering it also... that will be my next project.

IMHO, your next mod should be getting that dealership sticker off your trunk.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CMCs05pony

I think your vision looks AWESOME! I like the white on silver a lot, it's the reverse of mine.

Maybe painted-to-match rockers? I agree about lowering it also... that will be my next project.

IMHO, your next mod should be getting that dealership sticker off your trunk.
That never ocurred to me to remove that dealership sticker. Is that what most of you are doing? How would I remove it? And if I go stripes, would they be painted on, or would they be decal material of some sort???
Old 07-07-2006, 01:16 AM
CMCs05pony
2nd Gear Member

I used a cheap plastic putty knife and an adhesive remover called "Goo Gone" ... takes a little elbow work.

Painted stripes would look better and they're easier to wax and such, but vinyl is much cheaper and can be removed if you ever had a change of heart. Mine are vinyl... make sure you get quality vinyl though.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:54 AM
waiting4thefunds
I ♥ Acer

i just peeled it off and used some WD40 to get the left over sticky stuff off....

also.....i hope u have a deep pocket if u want them painted
Old 07-07-2006, 07:00 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Looks good man, the only thing I'm not feeling is the honeycomb blackout panel. I know alot of you like them, I just personally like the solid blackout better.Never been a fan of the honeycomb look. I Forget who has it on here, but it looks great!. Anyways that's all. Good luck dude