Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Headers are on!!! so are most gauges

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 09:13 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Default Headers are on!!! so are most gauges

Just finished installing the JBA Headers, and the AEM Wideband sensor.....

The sound is awsome, will post another Vid with it......

Also connected the Vac/ boost Gauge (Boost comming very soon), and the AEM EUGO Wideband A/F.... (This gauge is thecoolest!!!....), I'll remote install the F/P Sender soon....

Red is surely comming along!!!!! Will post Vid soon!!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Headers are on!!! so are most gauges

Awsome! Good for you; I'll be looking for the clips!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:39 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

looking forward to vid. was it difficult installing headers and how long did it take ya.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:49 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Nice can't wait to hear em!! Post sound clip ASAP

Im getting my Procharger installed right now along with the same AEM Wideband gauge. Prolly be done this coming Tues or Weds. Can't wait!! Wish it was done tonight but oh well.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:03 AM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Rick you will love tha gauge!!!! humm and of course the procharger!!!! Can't wait to get mine.

Rode some around tonight and as expected with the Predator performance tune ....AFR runs a little rich on low RPM/ speed ....Right on the money at WOT.....
Congrats on the procharger........and post pics!!!!

looking forward to vid. was it difficult installing headers and how long did it take ya.
Pain in the @$$!!! Pay someone to do it.

Very cramped space to work in..... EVERY Plastic piece in the engine compartment "WILL" scrape your arms.... and pray that FORD didn't snap a header studs torxhead..... That was fun!!!!.... I had to drop the tranny crossplate so that could cut and weld for the EUGO sensor , the replacement bolts for the studs are crap!! .....and on and on and on.......

But it is worth it!!!

Old 07-09-2006, 12:47 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Yea im gunna need a low down on what to look for on the Air/fuel gauge. I have never had one before LOL. I won't know what Im looking at LOL I know to the right is rich and to the left is lean and in between is I think about were you wanna be but im not sure what to look for during WOT compared to not WOT.

When Im just daily driving and calmly accelerating what should it read? Opposed to when Im nailing it?
Old 07-09-2006, 02:25 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Hey are you installing the procharger yourself or did you take it somewhere to get it installed? BTW Tino you definetely need to post a new vid does it sound alot better?
Old 07-09-2006, 08:33 AM
FearMyMatrix
1st Gear Member

thats the first ive heard about the JBA's going on rough, my macs were a pain but from what i heard (after the fact) was so was everyone elses since mac doesnt know how to machine bolt holes

can't wait to hear the difference.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:11 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Hey are you installing the procharger yourself or did you take it somewhere to get it installed?
Nah I took it to a shop instead of doing it myself. I couldn't get it set up right (people & tool wise).... it would have took longer to do it myself. Plus the shop has more experience with them on a daily basis. They mentioned something(can't remember what specifically) that they do to the bypass valve cause the way procharger has it done is kinda crapy. Wouldn't be able to do it if I installed it. That and I want to see long term results with having a mechanic install it and dyno it compared to people who have installed them there selves with canned tunes and or dyno tunes and had problems. What happended to Flapjack's surge valve that caused his procharger to leak? The shop I go to already know's there is something wrong with the valve and that they'll need to work with it. Just little differences like that I just want to see long term. If I have the same problems down the road wven with my mechanics installing it then..... hell I guess i should have just installed it my self. We'll see how it turns out. prolly won't be done till this tuesday or wedsday.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Oh gotcha thats pretty cool, Im prety sure youll be very happy with it.

Quick Reply: Headers are on!!! so are most gauges