Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Curious about how long you will keep the stang

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Default Curious about how long you will keep the stang

As much money as we put in to our cars I was wondering how many of you plan on keeping them and the time frame.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:57 AM
CMCs05pony
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Curious about how long you will keep the stang

I have a lot of plans for her, but there may come a point when I want to step up to something better. It won't be easy to get rid of her though, that's for sure. I've pretty much decided that I'll always have a Mustang, be it a newer one or just a faster one.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:42 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ill keep it if i like it blown, if i still prefer a v8, ill get a new GTO
Old 07-09-2006, 01:58 AM
Miami Mustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

ill keep it if i like it blown, if i still prefer a v8, ill get a new GTO
Are there any concept drawings for the new GTO yet?
Old 07-09-2006, 02:58 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I think I'm going to hand mine down to my son when he's old enough to drive. My first two cars were Mustangs so I think his first one should be too. I'll probably also buy another when the new body style comes out as long as they don't ruin it. And at some point I'm gonna buy an old one...like 67 through 72 were the ones I liked the best. May just split that down the middle and go with a 69 fastback. That has to wait until I have a second garage to house her and rebuild her in.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:09 AM
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

I plan to keep it till me, or the car, dies. Im hoping for over 10 years, if possible. But, ill take what i can get. I'm still in college, so this is really the best car im going to have for a while.....
Old 07-09-2006, 04:14 AM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

Until it breaks down.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:02 AM
orion6g
2nd Gear Member

I love my car more than life itself, only problem is that it is a north american car and therfore the seals on the doors etc. will go way before they would on imports. The big thing for me is interior space (have yet to find another sports car that is as comfortable to drive). I've thought about going to a GT, and I would if it came with a t-56 (anybody read about the tranny in the new shelby gt500? all I can say is WOW!). That's the big thing for me, I couldn't put in performance gears without having the 6th gear for top speed/fuel economy as I drive 3000+ km's round trip back home at least once or twice a year. If I do the t-56 a engine swap would be coming at the same time... too bad I haven't seen any GT engines for sale anywhere, guess there aren't many GT's swaping out engines yet.. soon I hope
Old 07-09-2006, 06:23 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: orion6g

I love my car more than life itself, only problem is that it is a north american car and therfore the seals on the doors etc. will go way before they would on imports. The big thing for me is interior space (have yet to find another sports car that is as comfortable to drive). I've thought about going to a GT, and I would if it came with a t-56 (anybody read about the tranny in the new shelby gt500? all I can say is WOW!). That's the big thing for me, I couldn't put in performance gears without having the 6th gear for top speed/fuel economy as I drive 3000+ km's round trip back home at least once or twice a year. If I do the t-56 a engine swap would be coming at the same time... too bad I haven't seen any GT engines for sale anywhere, guess there aren't many GT's swaping out engines yet.. soon I hope
There are actually a few people that have redone their engines on this site and swapped them out for bigger/different material engines. Might want to search around or make a thread in the GT section if youre interested. Also someone just came out with a 6 speed kit for our cars, I believe it retails at 4 grand. It looks pretty sound and sounds like a good deal. You have to have a manual to do the transition though, unfortunately. Otherwise I would be on board for it. If youd like to read about it theres an article in the August edition of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords... it just came out last week so it should still be available.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:24 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I'd like to be able to hold onto my first car.. but who knows. I just may trade it in one day for a later model GT.

Quick Reply: Curious about how long you will keep the stang