Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New & Improved Turbonator!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 05:46 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New & Improved Turbonator!!!

LOL! some one should just but one and then send it back because they said they'd give a full refund. Tell us how it performs.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Backlash

i run track, so i stick one in my *** before any competition. gives me like, a 1000 hp at that legs.
Add a Taco Bell "Seven Bean Burrito" to your pre-event snack routine and you'd sound like a friggin' air raid siren all the way down the track too
Old 07-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Backlash
2nd Gear Member

it'd be funny as **** if it gave even 1hp!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:01 PM
RobDurham
I ♥ Acer

I saw one like that on Myth Busters; they were trying to prove/dis-prove that these actually worked. It was a test of all the different gas saver gadgets that were available, guess what?

They didn’t work!!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:11 PM
JimC

OMG!!!! Take a look at it again -- at first I was shocked by the sheer size of it against the HEMI -- but someone actually bought one!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:58 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

I got those gadgets for my Odyssey few years back. Got it for a very low price of some guy at egay.....
you know, it made a difference at the low end torque. My van takes off better off the line but did decrease top end performance. No improvement in mpg. I would not recommend it for our Stangs but if you have a truck or a van it will improve the much needed torque by decreasing the size of intake and improving flow. Think of this as a 2 stage intake without the second stage so you change the torque/HP curve to improve lower end and sacrifice top end. Hope this explains things.
I would never use this in wifes Accord or my stang but as long as it works in my van, oh well. I can do a burn out without problems vs before I could only chirp wheels. And once I remove this gadget, my lower end is gone but top end is back.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:19 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

NONE of you guys know what you're talking about... I put a couple of these on my buddie's Prius and holy cow we're talkin' 350Z and Mustang GT owners quarter mile time that they wish they had... it's crankin' out about 245623 HP and like 134521345 FT-LB's of torque. . . . . . . . . . . . You guys just have no adventurous side GAWD!
Old 07-11-2006, 12:26 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Are you serious?
ORIGINAL: thatstang

I got those gadgets for my Odyssey few years back. Got it for a very low price of some guy at egay.....
you know, it made a difference at the low end torque. My van takes off better off the line but did decrease top end performance. No improvement in mpg. I would not recommend it for our Stangs but if you have a truck or a van it will improve the much needed torque by decreasing the size of intake and improving flow. Think of this as a 2 stage intake without the second stage so you change the torque/HP curve to improve lower end and sacrifice top end. Hope this explains things.
I would never use this in wifes Accord or my stang but as long as it works in my van, oh well. I can do a burn out without problems vs before I could only chirp wheels. And once I remove this gadget, my lower end is gone but top end is back.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:28 AM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Oh man,

You guys are shreading this thing to pieces!!!! I personally know the inventor and It does work. My friend spend a lot of time and energy in creating a product that is low cost for those who can afford a S/C. I know I know It looks cheese but it really does work..... I am putting one on Red this weekend.

more to come

more to come

more to come

Well now that the prozac wore off....

WTF is that if some one buys one of those things they should be shoot onsight....Mother of all that's evil!!!! what a piece of crap!!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 12:28 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

I think your number needs a decimal point somewhere. I think it belongs here: .245623 RWHP/ .134521345 Trq
ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

NONE of you guys know what you're talking about... I put a couple of these on my buddie's Prius and holy cow we're talkin' 350Z and Mustang GT owners quarter mile time that they wish they had... it's crankin' out about 245623 HP and like 134521345 FT-LB's of torque. . . . . . . . . . . . You guys just have no adventurous side GAWD!

Quick Reply: New & Improved Turbonator!!!