Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hood Struts and Shorty Antennas

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Hoops_5_1
1st Gear Member

Default Hood Struts and Shorty Antennas

Hey guys just had a few questions on Hood struts and shorty antenna's. Which shorty antenna have you guys used that haven't left it curved from going down the road, and which hood struts have you found to be the cheapest and best quality
Old 07-11-2006, 01:33 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Hood Struts and Shorty Antennas

Antennas...I've gone through like 5 or 6 antenna to find the perfect one for me...I had a 14 in that floped over like a limp ****. Got rid of that. Went to an 8in stubby antenna from www.mustangtuning.com ... it was ok, but too short in my opinion. Anyways now I have a 14 in one from www.autobarn.com that is perfect. I actually have two from there. One black one and one silver one and I love both of them.

Hood struts, I got mine from www.MRT-direct.com there's come poweder coated black so they look great. Install easily and work wonderfully. Good price too.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Hoops_5_1
1st Gear Member

Sounds Good Thanks for the Info

[IMG]local://upfiles/30893/C41CE3C97835429EB80FBA273FC29E08.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-11-2006, 07:14 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blazen351

Antennas...I've gone through like 5 or 6 antenna to find the perfect one for me...I had a 14 in that floped over like a limp ****. Got rid of that. Went to an 8in stubby antenna from www.mustangtuning.com ... it was ok, but too short in my opinion. Anyways now I have a 14 in one from www.autobarn.com that is perfect. I actually have two from there. One black one and one silver one and I love both of them.

Hood struts, I got mine from www.MRT-direct.com there's come poweder coated black so they look great. Install easily and work wonderfully. Good price too.
I 2nd the MRT hood struts!! Main thing.. NO DRILLING REQUIRED!!! They are also completely out of the way so you can easily work in the engine bay... unlike the Red Line Tuning I originally had on my car... had to drill and were in the way! LOL!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:47 PM
CMCs05pony
2nd Gear Member

For a shorty antenna, I took the factory one, cut it down to 13", ground down the tip to fit inside a small aluminum cable ferrule (which is a clyinder about the size of a pencil eraser with a hole through the center), epoxied the ferrule to the shortened antenna, and sprayed it semi-gloss black.

IMO it looks really cool compared to some of the aftermarket ones I've seen. It took me about 15 minutes and cost me 40 cents. It doesn't flex at all and it comes about an inch lower than the roofline of the car. When I see a Mustang with the stock antenna now it looks so crazy to me. The thing's like 3 feet long!

Also, reception is exactly the same.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Explaced
1st Gear Member

Sweet mod CMC. Maybe I'll try that. I'd be afraid I'd screw up completely though. Probably will just buy a shorty.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:45 PM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

I'm all for the .40 cent option

[IMG]local://upfiles/41550/A010C7F03CB446EE92E8B8327419B7A1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-11-2006, 05:59 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: blazen351

I 2nd the MRT hood struts!! Main thing.. NO DRILLING REQUIRED!!! They are also completely out of the way so you can easily work in the engine bay... unlike the Red Line Tuning I originally had on my car... had to drill and were in the way! LOL!
Yea, me too!!!! I picked up a pair of MRT hood struts at FFW Norwalk from the MRT Trailer. Put them on in like 20 minutes, and was way worth it!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:44 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

im looking to get the MRT hood struts and a shorty antenna also. glad to hear people like the hood struts
Old 07-12-2006, 12:19 AM
05 Silvertible
2nd Gear Member

where would oneget a small aluminum cable ferrule ??? Radio Shack ??

Quick Reply: Hood Struts and Shorty Antennas