Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

OK what gives...SCT2 & C&L CAI

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:43 PM
osxfreak

Default OK what gives...SCT2 & C&L CAI

So I just received and installed a new SCT2 87, 89 and 93 Octane from a very very reputable provider, and have a few questions.
The CAI went in no problem, once I figured out shrouding. As for the Tune once I removed all the Fuses that had to do with Fans and Fule Pump, I started my upload of the 93 Tune since that is all I ever put in the stang.

Finished completely without a glitch and after turning off the key, and closing the hood, and truk, I jumped right in and pulled the car in to the street and started out on my test drive. I take it slow at first thinking maybe it needs some break in, but then realize that DUH I've had it for a year it's broke in, so I decide at the stop sign to turn off the OverDrive Button and FLOOR IT.. Nada, Nothing like I expected. I expected some tire ripping squewling, but I got nad not even a chirp. So I decide to take it on the road and yes I noticed that while in a semi roll to driving at 45 and hitting it, it feels lke the delay is minimized. So I hit the local shopping store, and get in the empty end of the lot and stop, nice and level, and once again I floor it, I get a little bit of a chirp, but not what I was expecting, so as I'm turning, I think hell for sure I shoul dbe able to rip the tires on a turn, but once again very little amount.. So my question is... Am I expecting too much from this tuner? Should I try to retune it to the 93 again?

Any tips on this would be GREATLY apperciated. As I'm new to this, I'm a bit woried that I have either messed up the install, or i'm expecting too much from my 2005 V6 Automatic.

Thanks,

Chip
Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Bandit111
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: OK what gives...SCT2 & C&L CAI

mine comes tommorrow.maybe you should run gas out and get it from a different station.I dunno.I use shell and hope that is quality enough-I would certainly get as hold of the guys you got it from//A bump for other ideas
Old 07-13-2006, 11:31 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Rrrrreaallly? Which speed shop provided your tune? You shouldn't really have any problems getting your wheels to spin, but don't expect a long burnout.. you'll still need to powerbrake. I used the 89 and 91 tunes and can spin the crap out of mine if I'm not careful.

I do have to admit, the car's not like it's a "whole new car" like others say.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:46 PM
vistapony
2nd Gear Member

Did you turn your TCS off? Even with a tune, if the TCS is on, it will manage your torque and you will not spin much if at all.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:00 AM
osxfreak

Reallly... So I decided one more try behind the wheel.. turn off the overdrive, made sure AC was turned off and still not uch of a tire squeal, more like a chirp and that's about it. Before I give out any shop names as it might just be me that is having an issue and I'm sure the shop will work with me if I call on it, but before doing that I wanted to make sure I was looking for the proper performance. and not living in a dreamland with my v6

Chip
Old 07-14-2006, 12:02 AM
osxfreak

Well don;t think I have traction control I knwo I don;t have antilock brakes, and doubt I got the traction control assuming there is a TCS button in the blank spot on my dash, along side the 4ways..

So don; think that is it..

Chip

ORIGINAL: vistapony

Did you turn your TCS off? Even with a tune, if the TCS is on, it will manage your torque and you will not spin much if at all.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Backlash
2nd Gear Member

i cant even powerbrake my car.... i did once but thats it. it wont do it anymore[:-]

what gives?
Old 07-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

Mine burns out for about a car length if I power stall first and let off the break and I don't even have a tuner or cai. All I have is a flowmaster and a K&N Filter. I would think you'rs should be doing a little better.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:42 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ya, what gives, mine spin a little......

[IMG]local://upfiles/31988/287574A0264E4F9CBDF867A8727772FB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-14-2006, 12:55 AM
osxfreak

OK if that's straight off the line I'm SHOCKED..... And not that I would expect that.... But something a bit more then a chirp.

Quick Reply: OK what gives...SCT2 & C&L CAI