Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Offer price for new mustang

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Shaerza

Default Offer price for new mustang

Hey guys been lurking for a while but just singed up. Buyinh my stang at the end of the month and wanted to get some advice from you guys ion how to start the dealings for price. Im hoping since the one i want is an 06 still on the lot i can get a fairly good deal for it. Its stickered at 23,210 with most of the options but i figure i can drop a fair bit fromt here.

http://www.brondesfordmaumee.com/New...oryId=12379321 is the car

I want to have a set number that is 'all i can afford' but im not sure where to settle for that number

thanks
Old 07-15-2006, 12:57 PM
FastLane034
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Offer price for new mustang

Tis a bit high unless its out the door.

I'm picking my 2006 Mustang V6, black on black leather, Interior upgrade package, Pony package, shaker 500 for a total haggled price of 20,800 out the door.

Might wanna try haggling them.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:07 PM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

If you are trading in, don't give them your keys, that way you can walk out when you want to.

It's also in the financing. Figure out how much you want to pay a month, and work from there. Ask yourself if you plan on keeping the car just a few years or if you want to keep it until the wheels fall off. If you want to keep if forever, then it is a bit different. I think our body style will hold its value for a few more years, so if you plan on trading it in, you shouldn't be too upside down in it when it's time to get back into something new.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:10 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Deal in one set of terms only. If you have a trade. Do the trade first. Get it in writing what they will give you for it. If your not satisfied with that value go somewhere else. If you are dealing for a total price, then dont start out with "I can pay "x" per month." Settle on the total price first, then see what the monthly payments come out to be.

If you say you can only pay "x"per month, they will try to get you the monthly payment you want by extending it to 5, 6, or 7 years depending on what "your" number is. When they finally show you your number is when the hard part comes and you realize that when you total all the monly payments how much you are actually paying for the car.

Make sure you know your numbers, interest rate, etc. Stand firm and dont settle. Obviously you have to realize that the dealer paid a price for the car (helpful to know what that is), the saleman has to get a cut, the dealership has to get a cut. For example, are you going to get this car for 19K. I doubt it. If they are asking 23K you may be able to shave off a fraction of that.

Good look getting your stang.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:45 PM
JimC

Go to www.edmunds.com and build a comparable Mustang, they will tell you the sticker, the cost, and what the "true market value" is in your area. Gives you a good idea of what you should be able to do the deal for.
You can do the same thing with your trade in at that site.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:16 PM
finch00
2nd Gear Member

I just got a torch red 06 with pony package for 20,300.00 they absolutly would not to 20,250. i alsmost walked out after i accused the manager of nickle and diming me.....

I waited till i got a price down to offer the trade in it seem to work out in my favor.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:49 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: finch00

I just got a torch red 06 with pony package for 20,300.00 they absolutly would not to 20,250. i alsmost walked out after i accused the manager of nickle and diming me.....

I waited till i got a price down to offer the trade in it seem to work out in my favor.
Last week I bought a Tungsten Grey 06 with pony package, 5 Speed Auto and Interior Upgrade Package which listed for $23,425 including shipping. The dealer offered it to me for $20,500 plus tax and license. The tax and license came to almost $1,400. I offered him $21,500 out the door with tax and license. He took the offer. So, basically I got the car for $20,100 plus tax. Took it straight form the dealer to a muffler shop and had a single Flo-Master put on. It sounds great IMHO. I put a shorty antenna on this week and got a price of $200 to put black stripes on it. It has black side stripes already. My wife wants me to paint the calipers red.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:45 AM
SafetyEngineer

X-plan price on that car is 20,696

see if you can do it for that. If they accept X-plan and aren't ready to deal for that price, find someone who is a Ford employee.

HMMM, Maumee has a Ford plant, so you might know someone who works there.

If not, there might be (hint, hint) a Ford employee on the Forums.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:00 AM
Shaerza

ive had a couple people say they could get me an xplan pin and even one close family friend. How does it actually work tho.. when i was filling out the information for it, it said that you had to provide proof that you where part of the partner company or whatever. Is it open to anyone that has a pin or are there provisions behind it?
Old 07-16-2006, 02:21 PM
SafetyEngineer

You need a PIN for X-plan. Whoever is your sponsor can generate a PIN for you. Take that PIN to the dealer and ask them if they can do X-plan for you. No negociation needed, you get the X-plan price once you give them your PIN (BTW, PINs are generated specific to that individual, you can't give away a PIN that was generated for you, or visa versa)

Quick Reply: Offer price for new mustang