Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 04:17 AM
JesseMustang

Default RE: Anyone else have this problem?

Well I took her in and then got a call about four hours later telling me they couldn’t find the vibration. They asked if I could come over and give them a drive and point it out. Of course me being so busy I told them I didn’t have the time and I would just come by and pick up my car later in the day. I also told then in about a week I would schedule a test drive with one of their engineers so they could pin point the problem. As I drove her home I could not hear the rattling at all. I went fast I went slow and still nothing. Being irritated I slammed on the gas and punched it four about 5 seconds thinking for sure it would come up. The only thing I accomplished was getting pulled over and given a verbal warning for speeding. (I know what you thinking how in the hell did he just get a warning? Lets just some my job has its perks, enough said.) So anyways long story short my baby has lost its rattle and has grown up.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:33 AM
jim01028
2nd Gear Member

The rattle on mine went away at about 4k miles, but maybe the warmer weather had something to do with it also.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

If you can't suck it up then....

Rub some dirt on it!

I have rattles galore on my car, I've finally just accepted them. If it's not the passenger A-pillar, then it's the glovebox (fixed with a slap to the closed compartment), but if it's not those then it's the driver A pillar, and if it's not that, it's the transmission rattling. It's not as bad as I'm making it sound but there are definitely lots of rattles in my car, not always there, but they pop up time to time.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:33 AM
slowryde45
1st Gear Member

I just went through a similar situation on my '06. It started rattling in the dash one day, right after I left the dealer. I probably should have drove straight back to him, but continued pushing, prodding, and pounding on the dash until it finally stopped.

Well, 2 weeks later, right after leaving the dealership again, there was the same rattle, except more pronounced this time. My son was with me in the car this time, so I know I wasn't just losing it Anyway, we pushed and poked around on the dash and found if you pushed up dead center under the lip of the dash, the rattle went away. Problem solved...as long as you enjoyed driving while doing that.

So back to the dealership it went, next day. The whole way there...it never rattled...not once. So of course they drove it and could not duplicate the problem, but I told them I wasn't about to just drive it home and have it all happen again. So they removed the dash cover, applied some kind of felt gasketing all around the upper rim and reattached the cover. Also there is a TSB for a rattle in the center console. You might have your dealer check that out.

As for the felt gasketing....so far, knock on wood...it seems to be working. No more rattling dash. Good luck with yours.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Backlash
2nd Gear Member

drive my 92 gt.....rattle city
Old 07-20-2006, 12:38 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I've got some creaking and rattling coming from the driver side dash; the dealer is going to look at it next week.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: JesseMustang

Got my appt. tomorrow to get it looked at. Man I hope they find it because I think I got OCD (or something like that) because every time I hear it go off I get [:@]

And Harry I can't suck it up. Suck it up for me is like when you had a bad spill in high school when the coach would say "walk it off." I tried driving it off.
Then you shouldn't have bought a Mustang

Every car has it's 'Quirk'