Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 06:23 PM
JesseMustang

Default Anyone else have this problem?

I have dual exhaust Maganflows and I am not even sure it that is the cause of my problems. Around 2000 RPM a rattling sound is coming from my passenger side of my dashboard. I tried removing things out of my glove department in hopes that would be it, but nope! I have no idea where it is coming from but it has driven me up the wall. So my question is, do you have the same problem and is it covered in our warranty? If not have any ideas on what I should do?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:32 PM
robc@pdpf.com
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone else have this problem?

I had a rattle...about 2200rpm. Was coming from behind the vent. I had the dealer fix it.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:33 PM
JesseMustang

Yeah somewhere in that area, I will call my dealership and see if they will look at it.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

I have the exact same problem, went to the dealer to fix it and they said they couldnt find it.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:39 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

same problem mines not to bad suck it up!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:20 AM
karlriggs

I had that exact same rattled sound coming from the passenger side dash and I have the stock muffler for now, tomm i'm getting my MRT!, but I took it to the dealer and they found the rattle and fixed it. Nothing coming from there anymore. I'd say the dealer is your best bet to fix it IMO
Old 07-18-2006, 04:06 PM
adamsro

i've got an 06 that i just put an axle back flowmaster american thunder on, for the last few days it's been rattling like a coffee can. almost sound like a busted heatshield would sound only it's coming from the right rear end of the car. i'm headed back to the speed shop that installed it tomorrow. i can't figure it out, no busted welds, nothings loose????
Old 07-18-2006, 04:58 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Same here, but it feels like it's coming from below the driver side and in the center console. Bodyshop thinks it's a cheap hangar fabrication that my local muffler shop put together. Should be fixed by Tuesday.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:05 PM
JesseMustang

Got my appt. tomorrow to get it looked at. Man I hope they find it because I think I got OCD (or something like that) because every time I hear it go off I get [:@]

And Harry I can't suck it up. Suck it up for me is like when you had a bad spill in high school when the coach would say "walk it off." I tried driving it off.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:16 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

i have that problem. had my son come on a ride with me and hold different parts still. we found out its piece that holds up the roof in the front right. hope you know what im talking about

Quick Reply: Anyone else have this problem?