Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

engine question ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 08:33 PM
asp
1st Gear Member

Default RE: engine question ?

I'd splurge on the Turbonator!!!
Old 07-22-2006, 05:49 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: scrming

well... some people say this site has some good info... i don't know... LOL!

http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...ng/Mustang.htm
Yea, thats a good site to start off with for sure....I mean hell, it was good enough for Modified Mustangs.
Yea scrming....i have read posts at this forum for like 3 months but have been an acutal member for like 3 weeks..but anyways, when I grabbed modified mustangs and was looking through it, my jaw dropped. I was like..holy crap--thats scrmings car..lol. It was cool seeing a familiar car in there though. So yea, kinda off topic, but i just had to say it. Congrats on being in modified mustangs--thats freakin awesome.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:24 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: localgod11

3k?
Steeda/ saleen short shift -70
SCT tuner and intake- http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang2005v6/ -600
NOS - http://nitrousdealer.com/ -800 done right installed
4.10 read end gears and LSD - 800 installed
JBA headers -500 installed (?)-

spend the rest on new tires trust me you will need them!
Dude are you insane???? She obviously doesnt know much about cars (no offense). You don't tell someone that doesn't know what they are doing to get nitrous. That is a recipe for disaster my friend.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:47 AM
orion6g
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Backlash

how much power do you want? if you want a street friendly F/I go with the xcharger. it will be 4200 (i think) which includes the tuner from doug at bamachips.
if you want it at the track go with the PH turbo. its more expensive, and it doesnt have as much low end torque as the x charger, but it does put out about 40 more hp. the turbo is not as friendly on the street.
explorer express hasnt updated there site yet...they make the x charger. you can always order it from www.bamachips.com like i said.
the turbo is at www.powerhouse411.com
vortech makes a very friendly kit. i personally dont like it b/c its a centrifugal s/c and i just dont likem, but to each his/her own i guess.

again this is my view on things, if i'm wrong someone correct me please.
Superchargers more streetable than turbo's?? First time I've heard that. I'd roast my tires wayyyy too much with a supercharger. Better Mileage with Turbos on the street as well. I do have to say that the stroker kit that is gonna be coming out is always in the back of my mind .
Old 07-23-2006, 02:50 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

you need to stop...now. You sir are going to blow this girl the **** up. Nitrous and supercharger...on stock internals...
Old 07-23-2006, 09:14 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: orion6g

ORIGINAL: Backlash

how much power do you want? if you want a street friendly F/I go with the xcharger. it will be 4200 (i think) which includes the tuner from doug at bamachips.
if you want it at the track go with the PH turbo. its more expensive, and it doesnt have as much low end torque as the x charger, but it does put out about 40 more hp. the turbo is not as friendly on the street.
explorer express hasnt updated there site yet...they make the x charger. you can always order it from www.bamachips.com like i said.
the turbo is at www.powerhouse411.com
vortech makes a very friendly kit. i personally dont like it b/c its a centrifugal s/c and i just dont likem, but to each his/her own i guess.

again this is my view on things, if i'm wrong someone correct me please.
Superchargers more streetable than turbo's?? First time I've heard that. I'd roast my tires wayyyy too much with a supercharger. Better Mileage with Turbos on the street as well. I do have to say that the stroker kit that is gonna be coming out is always in the back of my mind .
yeah... that confused me too! LOL! The X-Charger is probably going to be the most harsh since it full boost comes on so early... so from a "street friendly" point of view it might not be the best choice... like you said, I'ld be roasting the tires at every stop light... the X-charger will make your car drive more like a On / Off switch than a Turbo or Cent. S/C. The turbo and Centr. S/C build their boost in a more "street friendly" way in my opinion.... Now don't get me wrong, the X-Charger is not a bad choice... but it's certainly no more street friendly than the turbo or cent. s/c.. and in my opinion it is probably less friendly.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:25 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

you need to stop...now. You sir are going to blow this girl the **** up. Nitrous and supercharger...on stock internals...
You can safely run 75HP and even 100HP shot of N20 on stock internals... I probably could have kept running the 125HP shot if I had put a window switch in and set it for 3000 RPM..

and you can safely run F/I on stock internals.. just look at the powerhouse car!