Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hi yall new here

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Lizzy
1st Gear Member

Default Hi yall new here

Just got my baby, and I after reading some of the posts out here I am a bit confussed.......LOL

Whatsingle MOD do you recomend do to make it faster and why?

Thanks!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 07:09 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Hi yall new here

Welcome to the forum, the first mod I would reccomend is a CAI/Tuner combo from a reputable dealer. Here is some information on it:

CAI/Tuner Combo

• Doug/Bamachips: XCAL2 and your choice of TI or C&L CAI. (When I switched to his tune for my old TI, it shaved off 3/10ths on my time, his daily driver is an auto as well, though I think he has several test mules/test customer cars at his disposal)
• Evolution: XCAL2 and C&L (lot of guys use them, they have a good rep, actually met them at FFW, good bunch of guys)
• AZDynoChip: XCAL2 and ? (don't know if they do the internet thing, they will tune any CAI and produce some of the highest dyno numbers)
• Lidio/Alternative Auto: XCAL2 and CAI (I did some research and several shops referred me to him for Automatics, his personal daily driver is an auto)
• Brenspeed: XCAL2 and C&L (another highly reputable shop)
• Justin/VMP Tuning: XCAL2 and ? (Considered one of the top dogs for the V6 stang community and collaborates with Doug on occasion to my knowledge, he’s also tested more CAI’s on the same dyno session than anyone I’ve seen so far, read about it here: http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25551 )

Stick with any of the above and you will be fine.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:10 PM
LiquidLenny
1st Gear Member

These guy's are great
Old 07-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

LOL..... yo Liquid.... she has more to worry about with the 18 to 21 guys in here!... she won't be able to keep up with her PM box.

Welcome to MF Lizzy...

Most guys - - - er girls - - - - whatever... do the Cold Air Induction thing first... with a tune if you can afford it... Then Exhaust... then lowering kit... then stripes... then save money for a turbo or blower or NOS.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Lizzy
1st Gear Member

Thanks

So then, I should get an air intake tube and a tuner.

How much do you think is a fair price to have those things installed?

Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I do not know much about cars, but I want to learn.

And LiquidLenny yes is me (I have a bikini on) and I am 22.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:32 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lizzy

Thanks

So then, I should get an air intake tube and a tuner.

How much do you think is a fair price to have those things installed?

Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I do not know much about cars, but I want to learn.

And LiquidLenny yes is me (I have a bikini on) and I am 22.
If you have a friend who is handy with a screw driver and a wrench, the CAI/tuner can be done yourself. Anyone who can use a tv remote can use the handheld tuner. Install time is about 30 minutes for the CAI, and less than 5 to load teh tune.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Lizzy
1st Gear Member

thanks so much rygenstormlocke,

I guess it will be "hands on" on this one for me, I can use a remote and I am handy with the screwdriver.... As long as there are directions, I think I'll search for the best deal, order it and give a go.

Thanks I appreciate your help
Old 07-21-2006, 07:41 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard and congrats!
Old 07-21-2006, 07:50 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lizzy

thanks so much rygenstormlocke,

I guess it will be "hands on" on this one for me, I can use a remote and I am handy with the screwdriver.... As long as there are directions, I think I'll search for the best deal, order it and give a go.

Thanks I appreciate your help
Then you should be fine. I think Fred at Evolution and the TI combo are the best from a price standpoint. But any in the list should do nicely.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:53 PM
LiquidLenny
1st Gear Member

BTW- My first mod was a single exhaust muffler (Vortex) and the guy's at Meineke put it on all for under $180. That's a mod that will make your car sound as good as it looks. Your gonna find all the help and tips you'll ever need here. Plus, these guys and gals are fun! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: Hi yall new here